Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Flinters - lets see ‘em.

Used to be all you needed was a dream and a Dixie gunworks catalog, not sure if that still holds true or not. I built a couple of guns out of there, sure would be great to do a PA long rifle with swamped barrel and tiger maple stock in about .54. Put the hunt back in MZ season.

Fantastic!

However you are there is sure to be a muzzle loading contingent, and probably an official representative of the national muzzle loading rifle association even. I've never met one of those guys that would not fall all over themselves to give you a hand if you need it. The problem will Be finding them, but they tend to lurk around rifle ranges :). It is not uncommon for the muzzle loaders to have their own muzzle loading range tucked away somewhere also.
Here is the final product. Super excited to go and shoot it.

Attachments

• CA124C60-4003-4182-A2FD-70BD620047C9.jpeg
    CA124C60-4003-4182-A2FD-70BD620047C9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 25
You really need real black powder. You have to mail order it probably.. where are you?

I always recommend Swiss powder in ffg or 1.5 fg granulation. Either is fine.

Goex is cheaper and it es works but Swiss is more accurate.

A good compromise is Old Eynesford (sp?). Middle of the road price and quality wise. Track will sell it among others, via mail order 5 or 25 # at a crack. 5 # will probably do for starters. Shipping costly, but so it goes.

You really need real black powder. You have to mail order it probably.. where are you?

I always recommend Swiss powder in ffg or 1.5 fg granulation. Either is fine.

Goex is cheaper and it es works but Swiss is more accurate.

A good compromise is Old Eynesford (sp?). Middle of the road price and quality wise. Track will sell it among others, via mail order 5 or 25 # at a crack. 5 # will probably do for starters. Shipping costly, but so it goes.
Good to know. I’m in Colorado.

I haven't been able to find real black powder around here. It looks like two places near Canon City carry Goex according to their distributor map.

To me there is no other gun like a flintlock. That’s my bucket list gun for sure. Don’t have one yet but I want to build one someday.

Back