Flatlander

jakenbake

I forgot to do this (more like didn't read) when I signed up for the forum this past winter. I live in Maryland and arrived on these forums via Randy's TV shows and podcast. Randy posting those episodes on Youtube was a gift from above as I was staying home on paternity leave for most of January - March. I have almost no experience west of the Mississippi, but after watching and listening to other folks do it, I'm making plans to give it a try myself. I started hunting three years ago, so there's not that I know much about, but I'm a good listener and take direction willingly. I'll probably mostly lurk since I don't have a lot of experience to share, but hopefully when I do open my mouth I don't stick my foot directly in it. My plan is over the next few years try to learn as much as possible so that when I can make my first trip out west I have a better chance of success. My wife and I just had our first child this past fall, so that trip probably won't be for another couple years given time off of work and finances, but I figure there's no time like the present to start learning.

tip #1=buy Wyoming preference points in July.When your ready to hunt out west in a few years you'll want to have points so you can hunt a decent unit.I suggest you buy a deer/antelope and elk point.Once you go, you'll want to go again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back