Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

fixing the decoy heart

Slydog

I'm not sure how many of you hunt predators as hard as I do but for those that do I'm sure that if you use the decoy heart you have had the same problem that I've run into with them shutting themselves off in the heat of battle. Well here is a surefire way to fix that heart, like a pace-maker of sort, but try it it works well.

take a small drill and make a small hole in the outer ring around the on/off button, just so it will clear the button when its in the on position, while holding the button down or in the on position drill another hole across from the 1st. insert a small pin in the holes and walla,,, the pin will hold the button down till you pull it out, thus fixing the heart like a pro.....

if your not sure e-mail me and I will explain it in more detail for you
[email protected]

thats all there is to it. good luck and happy doggin
just Dic

Thanks for the tip Dic. I've never used a motion decoy myself, but I have tried tying feathers to a bush so they flutterted in the wind. I'll post a picture from the decoy heart website so everyone knows what we're talking about. Anyone else use decoys when they're calling?

supreme1.jpg

blackball.jpg

supreme2.jpg

Doug there are going to be a lot of good ol'boys that get pi*##$ off over this best kept secret but I have used every kind of decoy produced and have made many, even rigged up contraptions to animate commercial made decoys. hell I even used a remote controled car covered with fake fur to fool them dogs and cats, but this will fool them if its used right and you make your stands right. The commercial hunter or the "pro" hunters move quickly and only sit a stand 10-20 min. then move on to the next spot. They can cover many miles that way. The rookie needs to move much slower and think about what he or she is doing as they set up to call untill they know exactly what they are doing.
Grandpa always said; A good horse is made by many wet blankets. Same here, a good dogger is made by learning the little details and tricks- reading will help with the knolage but doing it will teach you more.
Most of us learned more by failure than by success. keep a journal, take notes, hunt with as many coyote hunters as you can they all have tricks of the trade of their own.

one more thing to do if you use the decoy heart. carry an extra spring as they break!
the decoy heart is one of the best tools of the trade.

Well I've said enough for now

Good huntin
Dic
elkgrin.gif

Back