Fixed 2 blade broadheads

A few years ago I took and chance on some broad heads called iron will outfitters. They cost 100 bucks for 3. Never looked back. Shooting at 70 yards they fly great. And penetrate better then any other then I’ve shot. They have a life time warranty and they honor it. Fully. Good luck and happy hunting

I.W. is a good head. Many struggle to put a surgical edge on all 16 of the edges that need honing after use. I am thankful for that.

Does anyone know how much weight I can safely put on the front of a 29inch 300 spine shaft without hafting to worry about it splintering on me? I shoot 65 pound draw weight

There's not a head currently sold that weighs so much that you will have to worry about that. It may become "Noodly" but you wont have to fear structural failure. Get some practice points in the weight you want to shoot in a broadhead and give it a try to see how it tunes/fly. Going to the next stiffer spin is ok, then hang onto the original arrows for other setups. I have many many setups that I shoot out of the same bow from 350 grain total arrow weight to 700 grains. I slide in the matching bow sight in my dovetail and Im off hunting.

Does anyone know how much weight I can safely put on the front of a 29inch 300 spine shaft without hafting to worry about it splintering on me? I shoot 65 pound draw weight

I don't know what you're hunting, but my set up I have taken deer and antelope with 55# recurve and 150 heads. I wouldn't hesitate to try for an elk with the same set up.

I don't know what you're hunting, but my set up I have taken deer and antelope with 55# recurve and 150 heads. I wouldn't hesitate to try for an elk with the same set up.
I hunt deer and elk. I've been shooting 100 grain broadheads with just standard inserts and 400 spine arrows. And it's time to change up and shoot something better

Two blades are pretty much all I’ve used for about 8 or 9 years. Easy to sharpen and I’ve never had an issue getting them to shoot at 60. If I was going to buy a two blad now I’d look at the cutthroats for sure. I bought a dozen Northerns last season and am happy with them for the price. Took a little messing with them to get them to spin true but it wasn’t a bid deal. I’d look real hard at the VPA 2 or 3 blade as well

If you can get your hands on Northerns you won’t be disappointed. Killed plenty of big hogs here in Oz. I mainly used the 125gn but used the 170gn a couple of years ago for my water buffalo and scrub bull.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back