Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fishing Lakes in the Beaverhead Range

jryoung

I'm headed to scout some hunting areas next month and I know there are plenty of lakes in the Beaverhead Range. I'm not much of a fisherman, but like to when it's convenient. I have a light backpacking set up with a small casting reel and a selection of Panther Martin spinners.

Would this be a good choice for fishing the shoreline in mid/late August? Or would I be better off just casting in some bait (power or worm or other)?

I'm headed to scout some hunting areas next month and I know there are plenty of lakes in the Beaverhead Range. I'm not much of a fisherman, but like to when it's convenient. I have a light backpacking set up with a small casting reel and a selection of Panther Martin spinners.

Would this be a good choice for fishing the shoreline in mid/late August? Or would I be better off just casting in some bait (power or worm or other)?

Those high mountain lakes have certain hatches that take place a lot later than our lower rivers. I'd also take a float with some flies.

Bait is for old men and little girls. ;) I'd take some flies along like SS suggested and work different Panthers to make the time go by quickly.

Good luck!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mallardman1911
Back