Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

First year hunting pronghorn, Colorado

TJack

I drew a doe pronghorn tag in colorado. It will be my first year hunting, but I have 3 hunts planned for this year. The first of which I will be by myself hunting pronghorn in units 69/84/85/86/691/861 the first week of october, with a rifle. Based on the research I've done it seems like the best unit to go to, based on percent success the last 5 years is unit 84. The only problem is that it seems like a majority of the public land in that unit is in areas that dont seem to be the best pronghorn habitat. Its also a bit confusing trying to figure out what roads are accessible to get to different areas in those units. Does anyone have any experience hunting that unit for pronghorn? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm thinking I'll call the warden in that area tomorrow to try and get some more info. I'll be camping in the general area this weekend and wanted to do some scouting while I was up there, and also planned on getting up 1-2 more times before the season. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tyler

Antelope aren't always in 'perfect' looking habitat. I wouldn't be too worried about that. The game warden will be your best bet at some answers and the ones I've talked to have always been friendly and helpful. You'll have fun and have plenty of room to roam, so don't be too concerned...you'll find them

Cushman nailed it. You will find plenty.

As for finding useable roads I guess it comes down to maps. What map product are you using. Delorme Atlas book should be great for this. And the BLM 1:100k Surface management maps usually have roads well marked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back