First Whitetail

BillyGoat

On Saturday I got my first Idaho deer and first whitetail still hunting closed-off old forest roads. He was up high on a ridge several miles in.

wt03.jpg

Spitz, this is a little buck compared to yours. Those are nice. Did you do the euro mounts yourself? Thanks for the tips btw.

I didn't do those by myself, but have been doing my more recent animals. No prob on the tips, I was hoping to get over there this season but they sold out of non-res whitey tags. I didn't think that had been happening, but got a couple extra bucks on a damage hunt here in MT anyway so my freezer is full.

Where were the whiteys of that size when I shot my first buck. Great job BG.

I plan to do the ID whitetail thing next year. Hope luck shines on me and I get one like that to show for my efforts.

Thanks guys.

I plan to do the ID whitetail thing next year. Hope luck shines on me and I get one like that to show for my efforts.
BF, I'll trade you straight up - this buck for your MT buck from this year... :D

Welcome to Idaho's hunting. That's a good WT. Maybe if you shoot more of them, there will be room for the mule deer. Probably not, but it's worth hoping.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back