Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

First time shooting out ~300yds

Center target to get a feel for drop more than anything
Good.

Trying to focus on such a small target at distance is a lot more challenging than aiming in the middle of something large. You will group better as you're not trying to hold on a tiny spot but rather the middle of a more visible target.

Good.

Trying to focus on such a small target at distance is a lot more challenging than aiming in the middle of something large. You will group better as you're not trying to hold on a tiny spot but rather the middle of a more visible target.
How do you figure? You should be holding on a tiny spot on the bull as well. All you have to do is see the crosshairs there.

How do you figure? You should be holding on a tiny spot on the bull as well. All you have to do is see the crosshairs there.
Because your mind will naturally point at the center of the larger target without you trying hold it perfectly on a tiny point while the reticle is moving... same concept with archery and pin float on larger circle. You're still hitting the x ring without necessarily seeing it perfectly.

I'm not saying aiming at the little spot is bad it's just easier if you're learning longer distance to be precise on a larger target, especially with low magnification.

That’s a great start especially in the wind.
Is the rifle bedded? Trigger adjusted?

Ah, don't say that man! Here I am just getting used to 300yds and you're telling me all the cool kids are shooting 500?!

I guess I'll always be left behind... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Mostly a wisecrack about how "easy" 500 yards is. Nice shooting by the way. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back