First frosty morning

I hunted geese in muddy fields yesterday and today we're having a helluva thunder storm and a couple inches of rain. Streets running down to Lake Superior looked like a white water kayak course. The few remaining fields of standing corn will be standing for a while longer. Ground will be too soft for combines. They'll have to wait for a heavy frost to freeze things up. Bizarre weather patterns everywhere.

Five birds your limit?

I hunted geese in muddy fields yesterday and today we're having a helluva thunder storm and a couple inches of rain. Streets running down to Lake Superior looked like a white water kayak course. The few remaining fields of standing corn will be standing for a while longer. Ground will be too soft for combines. They'll have to wait for a heavy frost to freeze things up. Bizarre weather patterns everywhere.

Five birds your limit?
We got an awesome day of much needed rain yesterday. A little over an inch at our place. Made getting into the field with the setup interesting. Rigged up a game cart to hold everything on to get it out there. Yep 5 a person is the limit

We got an awesome day of much needed rain yesterday. A little over an inch at our place. Made getting into the field with the setup interesting. Rigged up a game cart to hold everything on to get it out there. Yep 5 a person is the limit
Yeah, I see some idiots tried to drive into the plowed cornfield on Friday. Ticks me off as I'm sure it's been seeded. When the fields are muddy I use this cart I modified from a three wheel golf cart. The bag contains two dozen shell decoys. I can load gun case and camp stool on it too. Tying a limit of five honkers on board is challenging. There's a pack of zip ties in the bottom of the bag for that. Also a shoulder strap carrier if I only shoot a couple of birds.

Edit: Since taking those early photos when the cart was a prototype, I have widened the wheel base by extending rear axles. The bottom shelf is now hinged so it folds flat against the back board. goose cart(1).JPGgoose cart2.JPG

Last edited:
Bloody hell! Top off this morning's gully washer rainstorm with a tornado warning this evening. First time I've seen that since moving here in 1989. The geese will all be gone tomorrow.

Back