First Edits of Season Three

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Just got the first edit of the Montana elk hunt that we filmed last year. There will be some tweaks and changes, but from what I see so far, it will be one of our best ever.

We have explained why we used a helicopter, why we applied for this hunt, and the many other background issues. The number of elk in the episode is mind boggling.

Gonna be a lot of talk about this one when it hits the air in late June or early July.

Also saw some clips of the New Mexico archery antelope hunt with Bryce. That one will be great, but needs a lot of work. Here is a link to one two-minute sequence in that episode. Fin was not a happy camper after this fumble.

Not sure Bugler has even seen this yet, as he was back at the truck glassing through the spotter.

Clip of Fin missing a B&C New Mexico pronghorn

Even this short clip needs some changes where they cut and pasted audio and segments from other sequences. Trust me, the language in this clip has been edited down to "Dang and Darn." The real audio had a lot of those adult "k" sounds in it.

I can see right now, that Season Three is going to be as good as I thought it would.

Looks like you miss like the rest of us. Great clip.

From the looks of that clip...stating the obvious here...there was also a cameraman flanking you? ANd that buck just laid there and watched and got up and then laid back down??

From the looks of that clip...stating the obvious here...there was also a cameraman flanking you? ANd that buck just laid there and watched and got up and then laid back down??

Yup. A cameraman with a big camera on a five foot tall tripod. That entire sequence is over a hour long. I dogged that buck for over a mile, doing those kind of things, until I was able to get to within the 55 yards. Had I not go my strap messed up on my glove when I first came up to draw, that buck was dead.

I have no idea how big he really was, but am sure he was a net B&C buck. Wonder if Eli has any guesses. Might not be enough to tell.

They had to adjust the coloring in the post-shot sequence due to the blue streaks spewing from my lips.

LMAO ah I have to say even though you looked a little ridiculous with your decoy hat on now I want to try that it looks like a blast

Originally Posted by Horn Seeker View Post

Big Fin Posted
Yup. A cameraman with a big camera on a five foot tall tripod. That entire sequence is over a hour long.

MY RESPONSE:

What bigfin failed to mention is that his video-grapher moves like a cat and hides like a chamaeleon! But BigFin makes it sound more like his overfed cameraman moves a walrus on land and hides like 3 legged giraffe tailing behind him:)

Come on now, the camera isn't that big, thought the tripod was extended to almost 6 feet, but did I spook the antelope at all??? Let the viewer decide when they see the final show. Made for a great segment!

I might have to give the decoy hat a try this season. That clip just put me over the edge. I can't wait until August to be chasing speed goats with my bow!

Did Photofin also wear the decoy hat? Maybe you should mount one to the top of the camera for safe measures also.:D

Getting that close is impressive either way. Helluva buck.

Cool video. I've had almost the exact same thing happen to me, but with a little 13 inch buck, not a booner. Where did you get that cover for the leupold spotting scope? I've been looking for one but can only find it in a kit.

Originally Posted by Horn Seeker View Post

Big Fin Posted
Yup. A cameraman with a big camera on a five foot tall tripod. That entire sequence is over a hour long.

MY RESPONSE:

What bigfin failed to mention is that his video-grapher moves like a cat and hides like a chamaeleon! But BigFin makes it sound more like his overfed cameraman moves a walrus on land and hides like 3 legged giraffe tailing behind him:)

Come on now, the camera isn't that big, thought the tripod was extended to almost 6 feet, but did I spook the antelope at all??? Let the viewer decide when they see the final show. Made for a great segment!

It wasn't the camera size it was the cameraman's head size;):D And I've stumbled around enough with him to know that he is no stealthy cat. He does make a mean pancake and pizzas out of tortillas though.:D
I'll admit that you do have some awesome scenics and footage on the Heli hunt. I can see why they keep you around;) Troy start up a pictures thread of some of the winter stuff you've shot.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back