Caribou Gear

First bull

Glad for you ... but ... that bull looks on the thin side. Maybe have it checked for CWD. Or maybe it's just the camera angle.

Thanks for all the congrats. We finally got him back to camp Sunday afternoon. He was 8 miles from the truck. I was definitely emotional when I walked up to him. This was year number 7. I had been very close many times before but something always seemed to happen. One year wasn't expecting any to be where they were and wasn't ready for them. The next year was less than 100 yards away but they moved onto private land 15 minutes before daylight. Last year had a guy with me who had never been and let him take the first shot. He didn't have very good equipment and couldn't see through his scope at first light so I let him use my gun. In the 7 years there's only been 1 year that there wasn't an opportunity and that was the first year. There's been many times I just wanted to give up but every year I come back. Learn more and more every year and work on that over the off season. Finally got it all to come together.

Glad you stuck with it and got it done. I hope it's not another 7 years until the next. Congratulations on the bull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back