First Buck

shrapnel

My grandson is 10 and gets to hunt the apprentice youth hunt. We took him up north near Canada and got him his first buck deer with a 243. He is thrilled, it is great to see this much enthusiasm when young people are less interested in outdoors and hunting…

IMG_2710.jpeg

My grandson is 10 and gets to hunt the apprentice youth hunt. We took him up north near Canada and got him his first buck deer with a 243. He is thrilled, it is great to see this much enthusiasm when young people are less interested in outdoors and hunting…

View attachment 301304
How does he do with the .243? My daughter turns 10 next year and im going to take her to Nebraska for her first hunt. Im thinking about getting her a .243 winchester youth rifle. Probably with a muzzle break.

How does he do with the .243? My daughter turns 10 next year and im going to take her to Nebraska for her first hunt. Im thinking about getting her a .243 winchester youth rifle. Probably with a muzzle break.

100 grain bullets and you should be fine. The brake may be worse than the recoil, those things are so loud. Get her out shooting it so she is comfortable with it. We had Bronson out shooting gophers with it this summer…

100 grain bullets and you should be fine. The brake may be worse than the recoil, those things are so loud. Get her out shooting it so she is comfortable with it. We had Bronson out shooting gophers with it this summer…
Awesome. Thank you for the info. Yeah, i planned on getting it for her for christmas and having her out all spring/summer shooting to get comfortable. Im excited to have a similar experience!

Great to see! We used to have to wait until we were 12 here in Oregon and I was dying to deer hunt by then as were most of my buddies. Now days it seems rare a kid wants to hunt.

Awesome. Thank you for the info. Yeah, i planned on getting it for her for christmas and having her out all spring/summer shooting to get comfortable. Im excited to have a similar experience!
Buy a suppressor for yourself and thread it on her gun when she is hunting it’s so much nice for kids it eats up the recoil and she won’t need hearing protection

I think we all remember our first buck even if it was 50 years ago (like it was for me). I remember my kids first buck too. I bet you’ll both remember this one too. Congratulations—well done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back