Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First attempt at Wyoming antelope draw

coloradoguy

Hello all,

This will be my first year applying for antelope tags in Wyoming. I have reviewed the draw odds and identified 25 or so units that a 0 point draw is possible, or have leftovers. Is Wyoming like Colorado in that you can collect a point if you don't draw your first choice and draw a tag on the second choice? if not do you recommend waiting till leftovers or over the counter tags come available if I want to save up some points for a different hunt down the road? It seems like the Northeast 1/4 of the state is where most of the 0 point opportunity is at unless I misinterpreted the draw odds. So if any of you have any corrections, thoughts, ideas or recommendations to help narrow things down for me Id love to see your responses or pm's. If you have any Colorado questions Ill gladly trade info.

Ive considered getting go hunt but its a bit spendy....

You buy your points in Wyoming in the summer, can't get a point during the draw process anymore. The only thing that prevents you from being able to purchase a point is if you draw your first choice that year.
ok, that makes sense...draw a tag off second choice and pick up a point in the summer. Thanks for the clarification.

Understand that leftover and 0 point options have a reason for being like that. Not much public land. Not saying it can’t be done but expect lots of other hunters on the public.

Understand that leftover and 0 point options have a reason for being like that. Not much public land. Not saying it can’t be done but expect lots of other hunters on the public.
I'm aware, that's why I'm trying to completely understand my point and draw options for wyoming. Ill more than likely go second choice and build points and go and give it a good ol college effort in less than exciting units and come back after I have 3,4,5 points and hit a better unit in the future. Colorado is getting pounded in the draw with point creep and availability making it more and more difficult so I decided I'm gonna expand my horizons and chase opportunities outside of Colorado.

I just like getting out and hunting every year, and Colorado is getting more and more difficult to do that. I kinda blame GoHunt some. I have been working some of the point and draw tricks GoHunt exposed for years and now everyone is doing it and some of those units that used to go 2nd and 3rd choice now barely make it passed 1st and 2nd. So ive missed out on some tags in recent years. So I'm gonna build points all over the west and hunt all seasons, just not all in Colorado like I used to do. Not to mention, I love seeing new country!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back