Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

First attempt at “long range” shooting.

I shot 3 rounds a couple weeks ago at 683 yards, 1st round hit about 4 inches right from center on a 12" steel gong, second shot was about 1 inch from that an inch high, third round drifted just right off the gong. Wind picked up just a tick is my guess on the 3rd round drifting further right.

I've had days when a first round hit, almost always on the very windiest days, gets pretty tough past about 450. Doping wind is not physics or science, it gusts, it changes direction, full value, its a monster. Every single time I shoot in pretty tough wind, it just makes me realize that when I encounter those conditions while hunting, its close the gap to 200 or less or I don't shoot.

Some may feel more comfortable shooting in the wind, I'm not one of those.

I threw the bs flag on a situation, just like you just described. I was on a forum that I am now banned from, because I slammed this guy. He was actually sitting on a hill, looking at an elk at over 700 yards, in a 30 mph wind. He wanted input on where he should hold, as he fully intended to try the shot. I was absolutely appalled and I lit him up for it. They banned me, for interjecting a bit of logic. 😁

I threw the bs flag on a situation, just like you just described. I was on a forum that I am now banned from, because I slammed this guy. He was actually sitting on a hill, looking at an elk at over 700 yards, in a 30 mph wind. He wanted input on where he should hold, as he fully intended to try the shot. I was absolutely appalled and I lit him up for it. They banned me, for interjecting a bit of logic. 😁
They shoulda banned anybody that posted info. mtmuley

this modern day with phones maybe he was posting to the board for advise while he was actually hunting.
And if he had to use the Internet for advice, he probably has no business shooting that far wind or not. mtmuley

Shoulda posted a note for you guys this afternoon. Wind switched to the right. "Ki day gusty, range a grand, what to do? :)

nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to people.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back