Fires 2021

Fire season has become a year round thing.
It's also been going fairly early this year and Idaho is just getting started for this year.
Central Idaho is so dry Mackey reservoir will be a mud puddle by August.
They've already shut off junior water right irrigators in Challis. Over a month early for them.

I don’t have much to add but here in MN the grass has been dead for several weeks. That’s rare for June.

I've never experienced an actual "forest" fire, but I did get to help fight a "brush" fire in east Texas when I was a kid!
Close enough for me!
Ip here in OK, we get quite a few "grass" fires.
A firefighter got caught on the wrong side of a fire. When 40mph winds whipped up the flames, he wasn't able to outrun the fire.
So yeah, pray for rain ... and for the souls of the brave people fighting those fires!

Record highs all over Washington and Oregon…. This does not bode well, and I’m sure glad I bought a propane fire pit for camping. It’s not the same, but camping isn’t the same without a fire… BB8EF53E-BF25-4174-956F-60EFD65D6AF1.png

Record highs all over Washington and Oregon…. This does not bode well, and I’m sure glad I bought a propane fire pit for camping. It’s not the same, but camping isn’t the same without a fire… View attachment 186541

gosh, i think we have been able to have a fire like once in the last 4 years camping.

we're going backpacking this weekend and as usual, no fires :(

Ok, why do you need a campfire in 100 degree temps? It's the first thing every camper builds the minutes they park.
Boise suppose to hit 112 Tuesday. Central Idaho 102 Tuesday.
I'm not looking forward to the start of the week.🥵
Retired out of wild land fire. Fought a few fires, worked as a fire prevention patrol and mostly was a fire lookout. Seen a lot of nimrods do some really stupid things.

I don’t have much to add but here in MN the grass has been dead for several weeks. That’s rare for June.
I have an elk tag for 2nd season archery in unit 51. I’m watching very closely. Way too early for all these fires. Hoping for lots of rain for all you guys out west...and soon.

This happened after I went home from work at 530. I did get a message from @44hunter45 a little later when he rolled through town that it had started, but I would have never guessed it burned that much, that close to town overnight. All the way to the Columbia. I woke up last night at 3 am when my buddy called. I didn't answer figuring he had to go out on a call (State Trooper) and butt dialed me. Apparently he was looking for evac help. I feel like an ass for ignoring it. I told him to call twice next time. Estimated at 4k acres and threatening several 100 homes.
20210714_082745.jpg
1626276968949.png

gosh, i think we have been able to have a fire like once in the last 4 years camping.

we're going backpacking this weekend and as usual, no fires :(
I think campfires are largely going to be a thing of the past in the west. Late season sure, but July... not sure that's coming back in the next decade.

I think campfires are largely going to be a thing of the past in the west. Late season sure, but July... not sure that's coming back in the next decade.

i agree. it's already the norm once you get past middle june, if not earlier.

it sucks.

campfires are such a (dare i say it?? :D) evolutionarily comforting and wonderful thing to have in the out of doors and to cook over.

but no, you don't need em to have a good time outside.

Back