Firearm maintenance and social distraction

onpoint

Have read on the www that it's good to attempt some routine during this new un-routine normal.
Late in the afternoon, when POTUS's Covid-19 task force comes on the idiot box, I turn off the tube. I have chosen to instead take care of my sportsman's tools of the trade during this time slot.
Today I have chosen to detail the 7x57.
Great use of otherwise useless tv time.
What do other people do while this daily event takes place?
Post up pics of washing your GSP, tying flies, wetting flies, eating elk steaks, volunteering to clean public land rec area restrooms so the masses can enjoy their rights.........

Attachments

• distraction.JPG
    distraction.JPG
    574.5 KB · Views: 28
Yesterday I disassembled the Ruger bolts.
Day before was the Remingtons;
Today was my lone Bergara and my Springfield TRP.
Tomorrow will be the # 1s

Attachments

• 65DD06C3-C4F7-45D7-893D-1C4065AF6984.jpeg
    65DD06C3-C4F7-45D7-893D-1C4065AF6984.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • B3C1ABCB-62ED-4F78-AA23-EE9F7CFE8E3E.jpeg
    B3C1ABCB-62ED-4F78-AA23-EE9F7CFE8E3E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
I spent yesterday giving an unneeded, but enjoyable scrub to every rifle in the vault. Found a Leupold scope I had in the vault and got it all mounted up on a new rifle. Hoping that inhaling all those solvents clears any virus that decided to live in my breathing apparatus. The comforting smell lingers on my hands even a day later.

Hell, I'm just waiting for the storms and wind to clear out so our youngest daughter and I can get some weapons DIRTY! :cool:

Got em all cleaned up and down to bare metal. Time to start working up loads for the 2 new ones and getting drops figured out.

I've just been dirtying the barrels on my .22s lately, you guys are right though, I should probably clean something. I got bored today and shot up old the toilet I just removed from the master bath, that was pretty fun and very therapeutic...I did clean that up though before the wife saw it and decided to comment.

For the moment epoxy bedding my Savage 12BR in 6mmBR and working on frames for my new Shotmarker e-targets. But may move to the weekend as work seems busy this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back