Fire Pit Thread

There has never been a specially designed fire pit in my parents' house. When I was under fifteen, we always made a bonfire in the backyard. It was just a hole with two cobblestones on the edges. That was enough. Then my parents bought a huge barbecue stove. But it's not as cool as a real bonfire, I think. So now I want to make a beautiful red brick fire pit somewhere in the corner, away from the house, in the backyard. The backyard is located with a forest belt, so that's good. I'm even thinking of asking the neighbors for the contact of the landscape designer to design the barbecue and the rest of the yard. I really want the yard to look stylish and not like a rural yard.

Last edited:
I bought a 36" lipped ring with one-course of pavers to build my own fire pit in the backyard. I dug a pit to the appropriate depth and ringed it with the pavers before setting the ring in place. Additionally, I bought a steel cover with handle to cover it when the neighbor's kids have backyard parties (injury prevention).

It has worked out well for me.

Reviving this thread with our mediocre project so that other, more talented people can continue to contribute.

View attachment 199835

View attachment 199836

View attachment 199837

View attachment 20220708_182018.jpg

The firepit from my original post is under that tree on the left, or at least it was when I took this picture back in July after a storm. It cracked a handful of the bricks but it mostly held up. I need to pretty out back up a little bit but it's still usable.

F38481EE-B61D-487E-92DE-685192696780.jpegThis one came with the house andwe enjoy it a lot. Notsure if it’s the style of ring but the smoke always seems to go up and not swirl in peoples face

Back