Financial advice part 2 YouTube video

Bowmannate2000

Just watched Randy's AMA financial advice part 2. Thanks for sharing the wisdom and advice. I would recommend watching it, especially you younger hunt talkers. The sooner you can get into good financial habits the more hunting you will be able to do as you get older! I enjoyed it as much as any of your hunting content! (well almost as much)

Great video! It blows my mind that people want to hide hunting money from their spouse. Randy’s advice about over estimating has worked for me. When you come in and it’s less than you agreed on everybody’s happy! I’m scope shopping right now with that in play… 🙂

Great video! It blows my mind that people want to hide hunting money from their spouse. Randy’s advice about over estimating has worked for me. When you come in and it’s less than you agreed on everybody’s happy! I’m scope shopping right now with that in play… 🙂
Great tip I got from a friend who did the finances for her family.

It's easy to have conflict over budgets or for one spouse to feel like the other is nagging them for their spending, if one person is doing the finances and the other one isn't keyed into everything.

Software like Mint is great because you can add all your account, make budgets, etc and then it's very easy for both partners to understand exactly what's going on with the finances of their partnership.

You're not telling your partner they are going over budget the software is doing it.

For like a week, before it can't access you accounts due enhanced two-part security. It used to be really cool.
Hmmm... I've not had that issue and have dual factor on everything. Though there are some companies that it doesn't work with...

My cashback rewards from the only two credit cards I have, Discover and Visa, paid for my non resident licenses in four states. The crucial part is to not carry a balance...pay in full every statement.

I know people who have dozens of credit cards. With a carry forward balance on all of them and room temperature FICO scores. I can't live like that.

Love these! My wife and I have done a monthly budget since day one of our marriage - it's been the best thing ever! Each month she gets x amount to spend on what she wants and I get the same amount to spend on what I want (basically an allowance). Boy, has that saved us plenty of arguments!!

Happy wife = more hunting time!!

Back