Finally got an Elk (Cow)

Awesome and thanks for sharing your story. Those quad cramps suck big time.
I'm definitely going to need that recipe for the tikka masala if you're inclined to post or PM.
Thanks

Awesome and thanks for sharing your story. Those quad cramps suck big time.
I'm definitely going to need that recipe for the tikka masala if you're inclined to post or PM.
Thanks
Man I don't mind sharing one bit.

Cube the venison, cook in light oil until browned. Now here is where I cheat a lot... I just buy the Tikka Masala sauce from Costco... Dump it over the meat in the pan, bring to boil and simmer until the desired thickness.

Don't get much easier than that!

Man I don't mind sharing one bit.

Cube the venison, cook in light oil until browned. Now here is where I cheat a lot... I just buy the Tikka Masala sauce from Costco... Dump it over the meat in the pan, bring to boil and simmer until the desired thickness.

Don't get much easier than that!
Lol, I feel stupid for asking now. I'll have to keep an eye out next time I'm in Costco. Thanks!

Congrats on many fine meals. Love hunting cows in the late season. Such a fun adventure. Sorry about the cramps. I get them too, sometimes really bad. Mountain Biking it becomes fairly normal when I get into the 8-10 mile range, and shorter distances with lots of elevation gain. But the cramps I got this year hauling my bull out, were the worst I can remember in a very long time. Way to push through it.

I moved to Idaho in 2000from Michigan, pasted on a spike Elk my hunting partner from Idaho said what the a Hell……I said it was just a spike any Elk is a great Elk congrats

.... Sorry about the cramps. I get them too, sometimes really bad. Mountain Biking it becomes fairly normal when I get into the 8-10 mile range, and shorter distances with lots of elevation gain. But the cramps I got this year hauling my bull out, were the worst I can remember in a very long time. Way to push through it.
Are you guys not hydrating? I have never heard of recurring cramps from hiking/biking that are not caused by dehydration.

Are you guys not hydrating? I have never heard of recurring cramps from hiking/biking that are not caused by dehydration.
Oh I'm positive mine were from dehydration added with poor diet while at elk camp ha.

I have a feeling a gallon of water and a banana beforehand would have fixed most of my problems

It has been a on going thing for me on my mountain bike. If I have fueled properly, trained appropriately, and carry enough water, I usually do pretty good. Unfortunately, I don't always fuel properly, train properly and in some cases, I run out of water, like I did while hauling my big bull out of the mountains this fall.

Heard back from the GFP on the age of my cow: Thank you for submitting the teeth from your harvested elk from the 2021 season. The approximate age of your harvested elk is: YEARLING Sincerely, South Dakota Department of Game, Fish & Parks

Makes sense since we got 100# of boned out meat off here. I think a fully grown cow would have killed us on the hike out, or more likely would have been a two to three trip deal.

Heard back from the GFP on the age of my cow: Thank you for submitting the teeth from your harvested elk from the 2021 season. The approximate age of your harvested elk is: YEARLING Sincerely, South Dakota Department of Game, Fish & Parks

Makes sense since we got 100# of boned out meat off here. I think a fully grown cow would have killed us on the hike out, or more likely would have been a two to three trip deal.
Hey, I know you’re not too concerned with sharing the map screenshots..with a lil poking around it is pretty easy to find for what that’s worth 🤷🏽‍♂️

Congrats on the elk tho, that is some prime meat!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back