Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

finally found a spot

b0nes

Went out north of Coeur de alene in a spot I google earthed this morning. No trails to the top of the mountain and no atvs aloud on the trails. Got outta the house late and finally found the trailhead after driving 10 miles past it and coming back. Get to the trailhead and a truck and a truck and trailer beat me there. Both of those SOB's drove atvs around the gate, WTF! I had my wheeler in the back of the truck and decided against it. Walked the trail for a mile and a half, then started up , finally got to the top. Tons of sign, no deer. I chose this mountain because on Google earth it looked like mule deer. Didn't see any muleys, just a couple whitetail and I had a buck stand up below me and tried to sneak around. All to get there and nothing. I snuck so quietly no way he heard me. And the wind was in my favor. But I did find my biggest whitetail shed and another nice 5 point. Obviously the deer aren't dumb yet. The big shed went 67 1/2.

I feel ur pain w the ATV's. Seems like Idaho & Colorado r the worst for ATV abuses ! Find the right mountain & there will be 20 deer.

Considered it. But didn't have service and I wasn't going to leave in order to do it. Coulda taken pictures of there licence plates I guess.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back