FIBULA breaks. Tell me some good news

Half a pineapple a day... yea right..... Well I went to the doc for my 5 week after surgery check up and x-rays and he said I am ahead of schedule by 2 weeks! The pineapple works I guess. He said in the next 4 weeks I will wear a boot and go from 10% load bearing to 100% by the 4th week. I didn't tell him I have been walking with 100% on it for over a week, maybe I should maybe not. I was wearing out the heel of my cast so I put my cast in the walking boot and away I went. I think most docs give you a general recovery time and don't take in account your health and normal physical activity. Now PT twice a week for a month to get that ankle moving and strong again. I told him I was going elk hunting in less than 3 weeks, he smiled and said "you will be ready" Meaning he knew I was going and since I was ahead of schedule my activity will act as PT in itself. I mentioned taking out the screws and plate later this year and he said he won't do it unless I have problems first and most times it stays put. Now I wish when I bought my new Lowas last fall I stayed with the tall sheep hunters instead of the Tibets. That extra support would have been nice.

OK, fess up? Did you take a half a pineapple every day like you were told? If so most people are 3 weeks ahead at this time. :D I told you it works. Most people I knew that did this never touched pineapple again.

OK, fess up? Did you take a half a pineapple every day like you were told? If so most people are 3 weeks ahead at this time. :D I told you it works. Most people I knew that did this never touched pineapple again.

most days for the first 3 weeks I did.

I'm glad you are healing up pretty fast.

Good to hear! I'm 4 weeks past PRP treatment for the torn tendon in my foot and it is amazing how it has done. I found a supplement (bromelain) that is actually what gives pineapple the healing properties. I like pineapple, but I couldn't eat it every day so I got it in pill form. I am starting it today. I couldn't be on anything anti-inflammatory while the PRP therapy was working because it does cause inflammation and that is what promotes healing. I'm anxious to see what the supplement will do for me now that I can take it though. I'm in an ankle brace that fits inside my boot for the next 3 months, then I should be totally healed - without ever having to face the knife and with my foot mechanics corrected. Good luck, quick healing! I hope you have an enjoyable season.

Glad to hear you're healing. I suspect you'll be good for the elk hunt. Just be careful on the packout if you're hauling out weight, you'll most likely be a long ways from help.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Glad to hear you're healing. I suspect you'll be good for the elk hunt. Just be careful on the packout if you're hauling out weight, you'll most likely be a long ways from help.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

I'll be walking of sorts, but I'll be far from good. The ankle is locked up pretty bad and 3 weeks will get me a little back but I will have a long way to go on that note. I wish walking or hiking was as easy as riding a bike, I never realized how little your ankle moved when biking compared to walking. I just got done with a 13 mile ride. But I will be hunting, so how bad can it be. I will not be looking for any monster bulls, just a freezer filler or maybe even a cow near the end of the hunt. I know where some big boys hang out but I won't get withing 3 miles of them.

I had 2 good days, but I'm limping pretty good now. I need to scale it back. I did a couple really steep climbs, packed in a light overnight camp last night, and limped out today. Tomorrow I'm being more lazy and hope things adjust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back