NEW SITKA Ambient 75

female hunters

I have hunt with both my 30-06's... one an old Savage 110L and my newer Browning A-bolt. I prefer to hunt with a muzzle-loader now and use a TC Omega 50 cal. Handgun of choice is my 45 LC Peacemaker. Shotguns are a 44 cal or 12 gauges.

You guys are lucky! I just barely got my wife into fly fishing.

But, on the the other hand, between being a husband, father and grandfather I am able to do one week a year (and a couple of weekends) just to be with the guys. Perhaps sit around a campfire, scratch, spit and hock, have a beverage without being disgusting. Always been that way in my family. Guessing won't be much better when I retire, but what I have chosen.

I think my wife is the bestest but I still have no fantasies of spending every single minute of my life hunting with her. I'm cold, I'm bored, can we go now? I hear that enough from male hunting companions. You are some strange mothas;)

Why are you limping? "I forgot to grab some TP so I used one of my socks because I spent a lot on this shirt." Why do you keep shooting bambies? "I don't know they look big in the scope." Give me your weapon. "Holy Dinkshooter, why do you have it cranked clear up?" "Duh, that's how I got it back from the guy that mounting my scope." Have had some good times and finally got my nephew squared away, but took ten years.
Thanks Dink! Always something worth reading in your posts.....

If you want it to work, don't expect your wife (or any other hunting partner) to want to do exactly what you want to do. I like to hunt on the move and putting the stalk on something that I just spotted from 5 miles away sound like the perfect adventure. We started hunting at my speed and my wife didn't enjoy trying to keep up. She likes to hike maybe a mile into a scenic spot where she can get cozy and enjoy watching nature and maybe something will come by and maybe she will notice it between turning the pages of her book. We tried sitting and reading, but I couldn't help thinking that I could read just as well at home in my recliner. It took years, but I finally came up with a game plan that we both enjoy. I put her in position on an escape trail or other movement corridor, then I go to work trying to locate and move in on a nice buck. Periodically I get to openings where I can put the binos on her position and see if she has an orange scarf hanging in a tree to tell me to get my butt back there. The only dispute that we haven't completely settled is her gun.

My wife did shoot a moose with my .30-06, but she seems to think that is the caliber of the man of the house (I'm sure she would explain it differently) so she wants something else. For a while I thought she had settled on .270. We got a Mossberg .270 at a banquet. She liked the gun at the range, but she thought the gun was ugly and the one day that she hunted with it the bolt kept working open. Now .270 is apparently not an option. She has decided that .308 would be a good caliber, and since she is my wife I must agree. The Howa 3 position safety will keep the bolt from working open and she thinks the SnowKing camo is "pretty". If that doesn't work out, I will have a sweet predator gun and my quest to find her a gun will start over again.

Awesome set of pics, mtlion!

My wife doesnt care to hunt though enjoys driving to camp with AWESOME dinners! She and i typically hit pre openning to set camp, relax... good times, she is great!

My girl friend carries a remington 700 in 270 win. And Taurus tracker in 44 mag. We shot a lot of pistols before she went with the 44 im still shocked she liked it the best.

Thats funny my girlfriend names all of her guns. And when i got a new weatherby ultralight the first thing she said was mine looks better. So i guess woman look for different things in guns then men do.

My daugther's shoot a .280 Remington.

Trying to find a Tikka Hunter in stainless with the fluted barrel in .308 for the youngest' 14th birthday next week.

Having a hell of a time finding one.....

Trying to find a Tikka Hunter in stainless with the fluted barrel in .308 for the youngest' 14th birthday next week.

Holy smokes. I can't even remember what my parents gave me for my 14th...must not have been as cool as a fancy rifle. I'm sure the young lady will put it to good use!

My hunting partner on the tenth day of the hunt.

Attachments

• Bonny in the Hell Hole.jpg
    Bonny in the Hell Hole.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 92
NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Live2huntelk
Back