Names of our female dogs over the years (in no specific order):

Buca (German Shep)
River (Lab/German Shep)
Tila (Yorkie)
Mandie (Yorkie)
Angel (Lab)
Daisy (Lab)
Lucky (Chihuahua)

We had a pair of Springers when I was growing up, litter mates, male and female, Buster and Nellie, Dad named them.
I like Daisy, and Bug is kind of cute. Can always name her Squirrel, but then she would always mind and be very attentive:)

My only advice is to go out back and yell it a few times. That way you can preserve some amount of dignity when you are trying to call off “Twinkles” from retrieving the ducks from the neighbors blind.

I would recommend this also.

When I was a kid my neighbor had a dog named Gus. That's a fine name for a dog in most cases. The problem was my neighbor had a lisp. I can still remember him calling that dog. "Here Guth. come here Guth". lol

My favorite was the dog named “Dick” out in the public marsh one day. Probably 200 of us got to hear that name yelled incessantly from 5 am to 8 am.

How do you know your dog is a female? Maybe you should ask him/her preferred pronouns and go from there.
Maybe the dog would prefer Duke, Chief, Sam, Benji, Ol' Yeller, Snoopy, etc.

Last edited:
Three of the four seasons make great lady names

Summer
Autumn
Winter

Actually “Lady” also is a good one

Congratulations and there are some good recommendations. I always like to see what personality develops, but here are three we are considering for our new pup (which we are still looking for).

Pumpkin
Lori Darlin' (Lonesome Dove reference)
Reckless (Lab from the Waltons)

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back