Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Female dog names

Good choices. Im a big fan of two-syllable names you can yell without feeling "strange."

As an exception to that rule, "Permission" should always be on the shortlist. Choosing that ensures you never run dry of hunting access. 😁

I have had several female dogs thru the years. Lucy, Belle, Sunny, Zoey, Meg and Lola are the names I have used.

I very much enjoyed calling out Lola's name when field trialing her. The name is loaded with so much innuendo, that was great fun to exploit.

Aspen
Madison (Maddy)
Liberty (Libby)
Sadie
Freedom
River
Magnum (Maggie)
Sage
Prairie

................................................................ Shaniqua! 😁

Harley or Bailey if you think she’s going to be a good dog.

Kamala if you are suspicious that she might not be.

My dog's name is Minerva. I didn't name her. Tried when she was young to shorten it to Minnie but it didn't fit, so I called her by her three-syllabe name for years until one day I called her "Nerv" without thinking and that one kinda stuck.

Here's another good one. We had a yellow cur dog named Lemon, mostly because of her color. The irony was, people took the name Lemon to mean she was a poor quality dog, but she was a top notch hog hunter and out of twenty dogs in a pack she was usually amongst the two or three leading the show... "The Lemong dog" was no lemon at all.

Reactions: Hem
We have had a Dutchess, an Annie, a Belle and Sadie just passed away a couple of months ago. My daughter has a Pit named Faith, I kinda like that.

I've had a Ruby, Ella, Kayla, and Socks. Socks was originally named Saidy but it didn't take long to change it when her personality came out.

Molly dammit and Miss sugar; it’s on their paper work. name needs to fit the personality.

Attachments

• 3B95095C-2640-492A-ACAB-EDC43FC86AE1.jpeg
    3B95095C-2640-492A-ACAB-EDC43FC86AE1.jpeg
    842.2 KB · Views: 7
Wife named her Merlot, I call her Fozzy, Fuzz butt, or occasionally Merlot. In my defense she looks just like Fozzy the muppet. Waka Waka

Lucy…. Ava…. Eve… Laura… I’ll try to keep thinking.. I also knew a Molly, wouldn’t name a Guinea pig after her.

glad to see a Sage already mentioned.

my female golden retriever is Sage.

Back