Female dog names

mxracer317

I’ve always been a male German Shepherd dog owner.

But now that I have young kids and life changes, I just picked up a female black lab puppy.

We stoked. She’s adorable.

She’ll stay at the breeder for a couple months and get some hunting training and hopefully obedience as well!

We’re thinking either Remi or Tikka. Curious to know some other favorite female dog names?

Snacks. My GF is on the list for a lady pup and I suggested that name. But I’m always hungry for and asking after snacks for myself, so we think it’d confuse the doggo.

Here's the list of great Labs I've owned. Cocoa (Mom's name choice), Ethyl (better than regular [gasoline]), Sophie, Black Pearl, Opal, Puppy (my current little Fr Brittany ... aka Coral) and Ellie (aka Spinelle). I picked the name for my daughter's new black Lab pup ... Creo-Sadie (for creosote = soot). I like Cindy too.

My daughter just got a Husky/Malamute and named it “Whiskey.” Told her that sounds like a male name, but it’s still kinda cool, I guess.

According to the Greek philosopher Xenophon in Cynegeticus (a book on hunting), the acceptable names for a dog are: Psyche, Pluck, Buckler, Spigot, Lance, Lurcher, Watch, Keeper, Brigade, Fencer, Butcher, Blazer, Prowess, Craftsman, Forester, Counsellor, Spoiler, Hurry, Fury, Growler, Riot, Bloomer, Rome, Blossom, Hebe, Hilary, Jolity, Gazer, Eyebright, Much, Force, Trooper, Bustle, Bubbler, Rockdove, Stubborn, Yelp, Killer, Pele-mele, Strongboy, Sky, Sunbeam, Bodkin, Wistful, Gnome, Tracks, Dash

Obviously these are translated so they lose some of their punch in English.

I’ve always been a male German Shepherd dog owner.

But now that I have young kids and life changes, I just picked up a female black lab puppy.

We stoked. She’s adorable.

She’ll stay at the breeder for a couple months and get some hunting training and hopefully obedience as well!

We’re thinking either Remi or Tikka. Curious to know some other favorite female dog names?
Both good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back