Female dog names

I’ve had mostly female dogs.

Labs: Kali, Goose, Sid, Annie, Remi.

Heelers: Abbey and Kodi

Heelers: Abbey and Kodi
My old man has had several healers boys all named "blue" girls all named "sissy"
My three heelers have been Zip, Zach, and Daisy.

Zach was a.k.a. tripod because grandpa ran him over and he lost a leg. Still the hands down best dog on cattle I've ever seen. Daisy was my favorite though.

I’ve always been a male German Shepherd dog owner.

But now that I have young kids and life changes, I just picked up a female black lab puppy.

We stoked. She’s adorable.

She’ll stay at the breeder for a couple months and get some hunting training and hopefully obedience as well!

We’re thinking either Remi or Tikka. Curious to know some other favorite female dog names?
You could name her Luna, but every time you call for her 5 other dogs might come running your way 😂

I’ve always been a male German Shepherd dog owner.

But now that I have young kids and life changes, I just picked up a female black lab puppy.

We stoked. She’s adorable.

She’ll stay at the breeder for a couple months and get some hunting training and hopefully obedience as well!

We’re thinking either Remi or Tikka. Curious to know some other favorite female dog names?
Well, Remi is my daughter's name, so yeah! But Tikka is a great choice for a hunting dog. You want a short, crisp name that is easy for the dog to recognize in the field. My black lab is a boy named Cash.

According to the Greek philosopher Xenophon in Cynegeticus (a book on hunting), the acceptable names for a dog are: Psyche, Pluck, Buckler, Spigot, Lance, Lurcher, Watch, Keeper, Brigade, Fencer, Butcher, Blazer, Prowess, Craftsman, Forester, Counsellor, Spoiler, Hurry, Fury, Growler, Riot, Bloomer, Rome, Blossom, Hebe, Hilary, Jolity, Gazer, Eyebright, Much, Force, Trooper, Bustle, Bubbler, Rockdove, Stubborn, Yelp, Killer, Pele-mele, Strongboy, Sky, Sunbeam, Bodkin, Wistful, Gnome, Tracks, Dash

Obviously these are translated so they lose some of their punch in English.
I actually really like Bloomer. Maybe Bloomy if you're a person who prefers the name end in -y or -ie.

In my adult life I have had 4 Labs, 2 chocolates and 2 yellows. We had Samantha CoCo Puff(Sam), Whiskey, Ivy Jo, and Daisy Mae.

Pictured is Daisy currently 2 years old and Ivy at 7 years old.

Attachments

• Ivy jo and Daisy Mae.jpg
    Ivy jo and Daisy Mae.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2
Every dog name is just a placeholder until they reveal their multiple nicknames.
Greta: Regrettable, Groot (formal call sign), rutabaga, root, roo, buddha belly, buddha, boo, belly, R.Debegha, dumbass

Annie: Bananas, chunk (formal call sign), chunky, Monkey roll, roll, monkey, mole, chunky, C.H. Unk, dipshit

Combined: The law firm of R Debegha & C.H. Unk

etc.

Our yellow female lab's name was Chica. She was the runt of the litter but ended being a 85 lb female and a great hunting and family dog.

The first dog I purchased was a female black lab. I named her Payton, after my favorite NFL running back, or as some remember, “Sweetness”

How about Diana, The Roman goddess of the hunt? Or Flidais the Celtic goddess of the hunt? Devana, Nujalik, or Artemis, all hunting goddesses.

Every dog name is just a placeholder until they reveal their multiple nicknames.
Greta: Regrettable, Groot (formal call sign), rutabaga, root, roo, buddha belly, buddha, boo, belly, R.Debegha, dumbass

Annie: Bananas, chunk (formal call sign), chunky, Monkey roll, roll, monkey, mole, chunky, C.H. Unk, dipshit

Combined: The law firm of R Debegha & C.H. Unk

etc.

Agreed!

Penny: Goober, Goodtoob, Penn, Penn Slice, Pennpenn, Pennalongdingdong, Brown Bitch, NO! (not a nickname, I just shout that at her a lot...), Dumdass, etc

She's got a couple more but they would probably piss off the mods.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back