Caribou Gear

Federal Trophy Bonded Tips

SkipperRipper

For 300wm. 165 or 180?

A mostly copper bullet with a lead center towards the tip. Should I drop a weight class for these? They show great BC numbers according to Federal's website.

They are awesome bullets as I have used them in smaller, non magnum calibers.

They just flat out perform.

I'd shoot the 180's, but you'll probably want to scale back and work up. Longer bullet with more bearing surface for it's cal and weight than other designs, but not so much as monos.

I agree - great bullet. I can't get them to shoot in every rifle, but it's my go to when when it groups. Have you seen or tried the Edge TLR?

I don't have any interest in trying anything different than the TBT. They have been the best bullet I ever used on game. I think they're just as good and maybe even better than Partitions or Accubonds, which have been the gold standard in hunting bullets for years. I would put the TBT up against them every single shot.

I'd probably run the 165s and not feel undergunned in any situation. I really like the improved version of this technology with the Terminal Ascent, as the BCs have been boosted.

Great results here as well (on an elk at 330 yards) with the 180gr in my 300 win mag.

I use them in my 270 win, 140gr and 160gr in my 7mm Mag at 3050FPS. I shot a moose in

2018 in Canada with the 7mm Mag at 240 yards, double lunged him and had complete pass thru.

a 160gr Nosler partition from another 7mm Mag the bullet was found under the skin at the same distance.

I will continue to use the Trophy Bonded Tipped on large game, but Accubonds on deer.

I use them in my 270 win, 140gr and 160gr in my 7mm Mag at 3050FPS. I shot a moose in

2018 in Canada with the 7mm Mag at 240 yards, double lunged him and had complete pass thru.

a 160gr Nosler partition from another 7mm Mag the bullet was found under the skin at the same distance.

I will continue to use the Trophy Bonded Tipped on large game, but Accubonds on deer.
What was your 7mm Mag load to get 3050 fps? I've been holding off loading these as the load data shows with max charge velocities of 2800-2900. I have RL22 and IMR 4350 to load with. I only have 50 rounds as well.

I was using H1000 when I got the moose. You will have to find your own load. He are a few tipps I use Hornady case
and Federal 215M or Win WLRM primers. Several other powders have given at least 3050 FPS, with 160gr Accubonds or the federal Trophy Bonded Tipped. Retumbo is another goto powder for my 7MM Mag, I use a lot of Norma MRP if the weather is not to cold. last is RL26 it gives a little higher velocity than the others. So buy all of them and see which works for you. I,m also doing a lot of work with RL23 in my 270 win and my 7mm Mag. i,m still working on the loads.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back