Federal Spending Bill Highlights...lowlights?

Lonesome_God_outdoors

I'm sitting here looking at the spending bill that funds the government until Sept or so and thought I would share a few things of note.

Wildland firefighting- fully funded at the 10 year cost average plus $407 million for emergencies
EPA- 8.06 billion, a reduction of 81.4 million. increase of 7.5 million to cleanup Superfund sites. A prohibition of the regulation of lead ammunition and fishing equipment

Bureau of Indian Affairs and Alaskan Native - increase of 69 million to 2.9 billion

Office of Surface Mining - Same as 2016 levels, 105 million to accelerate reclamation of abandoned mine lands

BLM - 1.2 billion, an increase of 15 million. increases of 9 million for sage grouse conservation.

NPS - 2.9 billion an increase of 81 million.

USFS - 5.6 billion. Prohibition on issuing new closures on public land to hunting and recreation shooting, except in cases of public safety. Prohibition on creating new Wilderness areas.

US Fish and Wildlife - 1.5 billion, increase of 11 million. Focus on reducing the delisting of species on the ESA. 1 year delay on action regarding listing the sage grouse on the ESA

Land and Water Conservation Fund - 400 million, a reduction of 50 million federal land acquisition is a reduced priority.

Some good some bad but I personally don't see anything catastrophic
My source is listed below

http://appropriations.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=394859

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back