Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Federal Power Shok

JohnCushman

I'm looking into bullets for my new 300 win mag. I've seen the Federal Power Shok soft points and they seem to be a good price. What's anybody's take on these bullets? How will they perform on elk sized game? Would they be good for bears? My 30-06 really likes core lokt bullets and I'm wondering if these are along the same lines. How are they at distance, also?

I just looked them up, John, and it looks like they are Speer Grand Slam bullets. They should perform fine for you. The 180 should do everything you want it to. It would be a very unhappy day for any bear, elk or anything that you shoot with it.

I have had good success with federal 180gr from my .06. Only on deer but the bullets themselves have performed very well.

I just looked them up, John, and it looks like they are Speer Grand Slam bullets. They should perform fine for you. The 180 should do everything you want it to. It would be a very unhappy day for any bear, elk or anything that you shoot with it.

I'm not sure where you found that but it is incorrect.

The 180s work just fine on elk. I shot my first bull with them and he staggered about 40 yds before hitting the dirt. I've taken cows with them out to 300yds.

I'm not sure where you found that but it is incorrect.

They are Speer bullets, but are the Hot Core bullets loaded in the 300-not the Grand Slam. This info came from the Midway USA ad.

They have used Speer bullets since 2008. They were Winchester before that. This info was from an old forum thread where the same info was requested.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back