Federal Fusion vs. Hornady Interlock

I've been shooting Fusion 180 gr out of my Weatherby Vanguard 30-06 since 2005 and have taken 12 antelope, 8 elk and 6 deer. That bullet performs very well and is sub moa.
So stoked to see this as I've tried a bunch of different ammo in my new Savage Timberline 100 30-06 and of all the ammo I've tried, the Fusion 180 is by far the most accurate. Glad to hear it's gonna take down some elk. Now I just wish I hadn't wasted my money on some more expensive boxes that shot like crap ha

100% fusion over interlocked for hunting. Interlocked will come apart while fusion wont.

I have been using 308 win 150 grain Fusion for a couple of years now. I pass throughs on two white tails at 100 yards. I shot a mule deer at 150 yards and the minimally expanded/deformed bullet was recovered under the hide on the far side. None were DRT kills. I am searching for different ammunition this year.

Double zombie thread… kewl

I’ve used both, but less on the fusions which were used as factory ammo years ago on one deer. It went down within 15 yards. That’s the only deer that I can recall taking using factory ammo.

As a reloading component I’ve heard of some quick pressure spikes on the fusions assumedly due to their construction and jacket texture, but I’ve never loaded them.

Interlocks have done really well on game for me in several cartridges. Used them for years and taken many deer with them

I have been using 308 win 150 grain Fusion for a couple of years now. I pass throughs on two white tails at 100 yards. I shot a mule deer at 150 yards and the minimally expanded/deformed bullet was recovered under the hide on the far side. None were DRT kills. I am searching for different ammunition this year.
Federal terminal ascent, Nosler accubond, swift sirocco, Nosler partition, federal trophy bonded. any of these bullets will serve you extremely well at all hunting ranges.

I’ve never tried the hornadys but I shot a hog with a 165gr federal fusion in my 30-06 it killed the hog but the damage to the hog was minimal. Exit wound was about as big as the entrance shot was around 75 yards. Didn’t seem to do much expanding.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back