Favorite Whisky(ey), Bourbon, Scotch, Gin, Cigar, Pipe Tobacco, etc

But beer doesn't love me so much. It's a depressant and I have an ongoing battle with that for the last decade since losing my wife and son.

Smoking is not for me. I spent a good part of my youth in smoky bars that would leave me gasping for air after a short round of jitterbugging with my wife. Thankfully I survived unscathed ... and unaddicted. Wonderful to not have to deal with that crap in public places any longer. About a hundred years too late!
Damn that's tragic, sorry to hear that.

I'm with you on the smoking thing.

I don't really drink these days, I got put off Whisky for life many years ago, I was at a end of season 'shoot dinner' and the 'boss' was Scottish, the single malt flowed all night, I've never been so ill!🤮

I will partake in a JD and Coke.

Wine, take it or leave it.

Lager, nope, especially Stella, nasty stuff, makes you want to take on the world, some people over here call it 'wife beater':mad:

Gin, quite partial to one, especially this one made in the next county
Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 08.49.19.png

Beer, a 'real ale' brewed locally, is my achilles heal.
My idea of bliss!
Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 09.00.48.png

I dont use tobacco products anymore but I don't mind smelling someone else smoking a good cigar. I have tried many different bourbons over the decades but always come back to Makers Mark. I just like the taste cut with some water and ice cubes. I do like Jim Beam with coke once in a while. It reminds me of my early days I guess.
I got some Bulleit Bourbon on the shopping list to try sometime this year. But there will be a back up bottle of Makers in my camp box, just in case.

Old Grand Dad. For a 20-some dollar bottle of bourbon, it's pretty damn good

Doesn't have to be expensive but if I'm sipping I like a single malt scotch. I've found great bottles for less than 30 bucks. Last few cigars I've smoked have been Makers Mark, always enjoy them. Nice and sweet and a hint of whiskey on em. I like acid cigars too, not a big cigar guy but enjoy a few a year.

I was all about Buffalo Trace - but post sheep hunt last year was given a bottle of Stranahan's as a consolation prize to not getting a sheep. Now nothing else is as good.
I've also been having alot of fun with some Cinnamon Whiskey - currently Napalm by Leadslinger.

"Neversweat Bourbon whiskey" from Headframe Spirits in Butte, MT

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2016-01-12-at-9_002.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2016-01-12-at-9_002.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1
Bourbon= Jim Beam, Rebel Yell, Evan Williams and Bulleit
Canadian Whiskey= Canadian Hunter ($14.99 a handle!)
Vodka= Smithworks
Beer= Yuengling Lager, Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro, Troeg's Troegenator
Tastes have changed a bit in the last year and a half. Never was a scotch drinker, now I really appreciate Glenfiddich. Also was never a rocks type sipper, always a highball. Bourbon I still like Rebel Yell (yes I still call it that, won't switch to calling it just Rebel), Angels Envy, Knob Creek and so forth, all on the rocks. Oddly enough this came about after getting Covid in November of '21. Also since then I have lost the taste for wine. Pretty much tastes like gas to me.

In a knowing taste test I was very surprised to find that Weller Special Reserve is better then Buffalo Trace which makes me very sad.
I am trying out more things - but
Bourbon- Weller
Whiskey - Stranahans
Beer - Irish: Harp and Guinness

Liquor cabinet always has Evan Williams single barrel. Current treat at the top end of where I’m willing to spend money ($50 +-) is brimstone by balcones. There’s a lot going on.

Some years ago I’d fuss with a pipe sometimes, it was borkum riff bourbon flavor, mostly as a way to be doing something so ducks would fly in. Now If I’m lighting something on fire, it’s backwoods original. I’m a simple man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back