Fat old guy Finished Trek100 on MT bike

schmalts

Harley-Davidson guys put a small team together to raise some money for Childhood Cancer. I didn't join until late in the week so i didn't get a cool HD Jersey like the rest of the guys did. Didn't know if i was going to make it but i felt like i could have gone a lot further still accept for my left knee was hurting a little for some reason. I opted for the 100K instead of the 100 mile because i was using a mountain bike instead of a road bike. Me and the guy i rode with were a huge minority and i would say only 5% or less were on Mt bikes. It was really cool and i never did anything like this before. Armstrong was there as well but i am not sure if he rode it or not because with the 1000's of riders it was way to hard to see what everyone was doing. Those hard core guys on road bikes are insane the way they stay packed in such tight groups of 100 or more guys in corners and all. One super hairy wreck and a guy needed to be flight for lifed out at a bottom of a huge hill where speeds where high.
Every 10-15 miles they had rest spots with some high carb snacks, Gatorade, and porta crappers. We blew by a couple and some we just filled the bottles up. One we had a little lunch. The finish line was pretty cool, Pretty young girl cheering everyone that crossed, free BEER!! and lots of food and drinks. A lot of money was raised for Childhood cancer for this event.
I will definitely do stuff like this again.
Pat%20at%20end%20of%20ride.JPG

slim%20and%20fattie1.JPG

The whole team, all rode road bikes but me and Marty.
end%20of%20ride%20refreshment.JPG

Nice job. 100k on a mtn bike is no small task even if it was on pavement. I've done a couple century rides on my road bike. When doing these type of events I try to find a hot chick to draft behind. :D

are insane the way they stay packed in such tight groups

Are you talking about your shorts ?

Seriously though, I tried to go a mile on my bike, My butt hurt for days. MAybe I'm not enough of a tight A$$ ? ;)

Kudos on the ride !!

Congrats! I did a ride similar for MS a couple of years ago, except it was a 2 day event. That saddle sure was hard the second day!

I recommend you get a road bike! They are sooo much more efficient, that for me it made riding on pavement much for fun.

Nice job. 100k on a mtn bike is no small task even if it was on pavement. I've done a couple century rides on my road bike. When doing these type of events I try to find a hot chick to draft behind. :D

There was some super nice chicks to draft for sure!! i bet it was 25% women riding. I was riding a little slower than nornal because Marty was pretty slow so i held back to hang with him but a couple times he would yell out "hey why are you speeding up?" Of course it was because i had a nice firm chick ass in front of me.
I know a road bike would be much less effort to ride, but the whole point is getting in shape and a goal. The way i look at it is since i had to work much harder than the road bike guys i was as happy to do the 100k as they were to do the 100 mile. Besides, after seeing at least 40 guys changing tubes along the road made me happy i didnt have those used condom tires they had:D A little info, there was 2500 registered riders, and raised over 6 million in cash for the cause.

Greenhorn, I knew you would be checking out my package, who is the fag?

I've noticed also that whether it's cycling, running, triathlon, whatever, there is always somebody during these events that passes you and makes you shake your head and ask yourself "how in the hell are they going faster than me?". But it always feels good to finish no matter what your time.

Btw, careful with the beer afterwards. It might cause you to fail a doping test and you'd be stripped of your finisher's medal. Just ask Floyd. ;)

I admit that I have a thing for athletic women - always have. But I usually avoid the ones having as much hair on their face as you.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back