Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Family backpacking tent

My wife is in the same boat as COEngineer's... Either we're all in the same tent or we aren't going.

We doubled down and got a Hilleberg Kaitum GT 4 person. Fits us 3 + dog easily, plenty of room for more. I've slept 4 full size guys in it, so will be solid for the foreseeable future.

Take a look at some of the Marmot line of tents. I have had pretty good luck with them in a larger tent. Currently own an older limestone 3 and a super nice 8 year old limestone 6P for hunt spike camps. Their tents tend to be well made and if space is a concern they tend to have some small design characteristic that make a difference. Their new ultralight series look nice.

Not sure what your criteria in a tent is so many things to consider. Good luck on your search

Check out big agnes I use them for regular backpacking love them they feel cheap and crazy thin the one I just retired we had well over 200 nights in it that's setting up and taking down everday

Is there anywhere to actually see the SO hot tents set up in person? i have been trying to decided for a while and would really like to see/go in each set up, see with and without stove, etc.... from not finding much so i am guessing no but figured someone here may know better (also in MN not CO so im guessing that slims the odds even further)

Idk how big the children are, but I have used a Big Agnes rattlesnake sl3 for 2 adults and 2 large dogs. And there was plenty of room for sleeping. Smaller children would fit just fine. But room for storage would be limited to the vestibule. Its lightweight and high quality tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back