F150 Eco w/ Lift

Dink, please understand you are preaching to the choir. It'll have a different topo come Sept.

Sorry Harley, I can't agree with you on that one. I will tell you this precip is dropping hail in southern OKC like crazy.

Wyo, the only time I plan to be in Wasilla is when I need my fishies vacuum sealed. I'm moving back to Fairbanks/North Pole.

dang Ovis, my old stomping grounds. Ya'll seem to have a bunch of green on that radar, that's no fun at 90 plus degrees.Nice truck, but how long till the red dirt stains the paint?

Truck is 18 months old almost...here is an update. 13 miles city/highway average unless I am towing...then drops down to 6 miles.

Looks sharp...is a P.O.S. though. Here is a brief summary of my dealings. Feel free to ask questions.

SERIOUS POST/RANT ALERT: Update on my 2011 Ford F150 with Ecoboost

Received a call from Ford Corporate today informing me my second "buy-back" request for my truck was denied. When I asked for specific details on why, the representative told me the information was not available to him. When I asked to speak to the decision-makers, I was told it would not happen. When I asked to speak to his supervisor, I was told it would be two business days before I heard from them and they would tell me nothing more than he was telling me.

It certainly would be nice to understand the thought process behind the decision, however it appears Ford would rather keep it a secret. What Ford doesn't hide is their assertive effort to train these reps to "relate" to the now pissed off consumer. I've never heard so many insincere "I understand why you would be upset" statements in all my life...uh well, there is an easy way around that, how about you tell me WHY my request was denied or put me in contact with that individual.

Bonus fun fact for any of you who would have the misfortune of having to go through this. Don't ever tell a car manufacturer you are in talks with an attorney. Then they really go tight lipped.

So to date...my 2011 Ford F150 with Ecoboost has been in the shop for over 5 cumulative months. It is going back in the shop on Friday for additional work. The truck is approaching 18 months old and over 3 months of the shop time was before the vehicle was a year old.

Selling this vehicle on the private market is not an option. I will not, in good faith, hide the many flaws with this vehicle and pass the burden off to someone else.

I have up to this point been patient and have avoided speaking negatively about Ford, their products (Specifically the F150 w/ Eco) and customer service as a whole. My criticism has been limited to this specific vehicle. This is all about to change though. I intend to fight back any way I can and I will no longer be so respectful.

Bob Moore Ford in Moore, Oklahoma - the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and their sloppy, rather non-existant documentation of my service work there and their General Manager, Jason, who would rather turn a blind eye to a problem that all originated at his car lot. The guy doesn't return calls like he promises to and he has an "I owe you nothing" attitude about the entire account. I would not purchase a vehicle from this clown.

Seekin's Ford & Mercury in Fairbanks, Alaska - where most of the service work has been accomplished. In fairness, Seekin's has done an "okay" job of seeing to my needs and the servicing of the truck. Biggest gripes are sloppy service invoices, ordering wrong parts/breaking parts...thus delaying the turn around time, giving me my vehicle back that is "fixed to the best of their ability," but "making no promises it won't break again." Their words...not mine.

Much in part of the way Ford Corporate has handled this case, Seekin's Ford will suffer. I intend to turn this truck into a mobile billboard to deliver the message "This Truck is a Lemon...Don't Buy a Ford...Their Customer Service is a Fraud." Phone calls going out to the sign man tomorrow. For those who don't know, Seekin's Ford is the ONLY Ford dealership within 6 hours of this small Fairbanks town...so they own the Ford market. I'd much rather send the locals to Dodge or Toyota.

I intend to update my story and the history of this vehicle to the web with specific details, to include engine replacements, etc, along with copies of the service invoices, conversations...the works and link every social networking and Ford Truck/Car Forum on the www to it.

If I can convince only one person not to deal with these asshats at Ford, then the experience will be worth it. In the meantime, I'm making one last ditch effort to go through the Better Business Bureau to see if some good can come out of this before I commit to legal action.
560472_10150863852686689_1346549548_n.jpg

BBB is a joke, they have no authority, don't waste your time. You should be able to google the 6.0 litre buyback procedures that people used back in 2002-2005.

'99 F350 7.3 Powerstroke crewcab
315,000 miles, 90% city
still runs like brand new

2012 F150 4x4 Eco boost is my new work truck. Mostly highway miles here in nv and its averaging 17.4 to 18 mpg. My last work truck was a 2009 f250 with the power stroke and it averaged 14.5 over the three years that I drove it.

Sorry you've had such crummy luck with the truck and the Ford service. Hope you get it ironed out.

...put some LT275/65R20 GY Wranglers and a leveling kit on the '10 Dodge Hemi 4x4 & busted the mileage about 20%. 66K & a few minor warrantable issues that the dealer got right on. 75 mph/17-19 mpg....city 15, towing 3500 lbs of trailer & material 12-13. Best truck so far. IIRC, went thru 4 Fords with only minor stuff.

White trucks rule Ovis.

photo-6.jpg

photo-8.jpg

NHY
20's pffff, thought for sure you'd have 22s! Spinners!:D

Ovis
You know anyone down on their luck that can make it disappear?;)

if you cant dodge it,ram it.
F-fix
O-or
R-repaired
D-daily
i am really sorry about your truck,and i would most certainly hire an attorney.
and if the truck happens to burn,then insurance will pay off the truck.:cool:

Father-in-law didn't end up buying. The dealer tried to screw him over with his trade-in. What a surprise! This certainly isn't isolated to Ford dealers, but if it saved anyone from having your issues Ovis I guess it was a good thing.

Compared the Ford Eco with a Tundra.The Ford was more expensive but not nearly as a nice a truck.I felt I would be paying for the unproven eco-engine while the rest of the truck seemed cheaply designed compared to the Toyota.I like the Tundra ,nice to drive a smaller truck for a change.Pulls my trailers fine.Face it trucks are not economical to drive,you get what you get.

my work gives me a ford w/a v-6 I average 21-23 mpg per month. This is the only good thing about it. It is a year and a half old and been in the shop more than my 05 GMC Sierra with the 5.3 and 130 thousand miles. Oh and I get 18-22mpg on the hwy with it (actually got 30 once with a good tail wind) and 15-16mpg towing my camper.

Sorry about your ford experience there are lemons in everything.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back