Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Eyeguards???????

supersider34

In areas that you hunt for mule deer. Do you see many bucks with eyeguards? was just wondering as to how many are there that have them.

Most(90%?) of the mature bucks in the areas that I hunt have eyeguards. One area that I hunt has number of bucks that have only one eye guard. I also see a lot of bucks that have there eyeguards curl down.

Sider, Welcome aboard again man, And you too Brian, It's good to see some guys that kill stuff... Unlike MtMiller (HEHE).

That being said, I haven't taken any "BIG" bucks. I've seen alot though (dead ones not live ones or I would have more on the wall I mean
tongue.gif
). It seems like it's hit and Miss. Are you taking about a Eyeguard that's over 1" I'm guessing ?

I have 3 4-points with Eyeguards under 1" (Nubins) and then a 20" 3 point with 2.5" eyeguards....

Not sure if berto got back to you on your question about eyeguards where he shot his buck. I hunted that same area last year and don't remember seeing one with eyeguards. This is the one I took. G-1's would have been nice, but I couldn't pass him up.
DSC00261.jpg

Miller is the only hunter I know that wears a collar hunting .. He should change his name to Mr GQ
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Look closely at this buck, I can take another picture but this one has like a 3" eyesguard on the left side (The deers right side) and "0", El Zippo on the other side... Weird eh ?

deertruck.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Miller is the only hunter I know that wears a collar hunting .. He should change his name to Mr GQ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I shouldn't post pictures of me in my Hunting dress....
eek.gif

Miller, That is a tough call, whether to whack that one, without eyeguards...
rolleyes.gif
I would probably mull that decision for about as long as it takes to pop the Safety and squeeze....
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Look closely at this buck, I can take another picture but this one has like a 3" eyesguard on the left side (The deers right side) and "0", El Zippo on the other side... Weird eh ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The weirdest thing is right behind the buck....
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

The area I hunt, most of the bucks don't have them but when they do they are usually only an inch or so long. Very rarely do you see them over 1".

All of my bucks have had eye guards. In fact one of my mulies has eye guards that are nearly 5"s long... 2" to 2.5 seem to be about the average though, in my area.

Most of them in my area have eyegaurds. In fact I think maybe every buck I saw this year did. The biggest I have got out of this spot has eyeguards about 2 1/2 inches long.

Brian,
Everyone I have seen where I archery hunt had them. I am talking 3x3 or better. I found a 3x3 winter kill buck that had 3" eyeguards and he was small buck. Usually they are around 3" or better. But where I rifle hunt with my wife and now kids they have to be big mature bucks.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back