Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Extreme Elk Mag - Website Updated

THEBUGLER

00small31959139.JPG

In case you can't wait to get the Premier Issue of Extreme Elk Magazine in the mail, we've updated the website and added teasers from several of the stories and features! Also included are several "screenshots" to help you get a feel for the layout and design of the new magazine.

Click the link to check it out, and let us know what you think!
www.extremeelk.com

Thanks!

Are issues of Extreme Elk gonna be available at stores or just on the web?

Hey "BEAST MODE" Cory, You around sometime for lunch ? Or you too busy with yer new found fame to hook up with the little guys ;)

Drop me a line sometime when you get some time and let's catch up !!

So I gotta ask this.

Is Extreme Elk Hunter magazine only going to print stories about monster B&C, P&Y bulls (because that's all I see on the WS) or is there going to be something believable in it? YOu know about the little guy who has an either sex tag and shoots a 4X4 raghorn in the waining minutes of daylight on the last day. Or the guy who hunted his A$$ off, got nothing to show for his efforts but had a GREAT time. (me).

Just wondering because that's all I ever read about in hunting rags.

RJ

Good question recoil junky! We like to see big racks as much as the next guy, but not all successful hunts end with a record book animal, its usually quite opposite. We are looking for well told stories with excellent pictures of the hunt that get the blood pumping and rekindle the memory's of our readers. Sometimes the antlers are above average, but many times not. The hunt, and the extremes some hunters go to trying to fulfill their dreams is our focus, not antler score. Thanks for the question!

How many magazines will there be each year? I looked on the site and could not find that when i went to subcribe.

So I gotta ask this.

Is Extreme Elk Hunter magazine only going to print stories about monster B&C, P&Y bulls (because that's all I see on the WS) or is there going to be something believable in it? YOu know about the little guy who has an either sex tag and shoots a 4X4 raghorn in the waining minutes of daylight on the last day. Or the guy who hunted his A$$ off, got nothing to show for his efforts but had a GREAT time. (me).

Just wondering because that's all I ever read about in hunting rags.

RJ

Recoil Junky,

We are going to try to put at least one believable story in each issue. It's a long shot considering that we're dealing with elk hunters and all, but we're going to put some extra effort into it and try... :)

Seriously, our goal is to bring real hunting stories by real hunters to the regular guys who can relate to working their tails off on public land. I apologize if you felt our website only showed B&C bulls (there aren't any B&C bulls in Issue #1, BTW)...here is the list of public land DIY elk hunting stories that are in the first issue:

OTC backcountry Colorado elk hunt (double)
OTC Montana archery & Utah LE muzzy hunt
OTC Alberta archery elk hunt
OTC Montana archery elk hunt
Youth (12 year old's first hunt) elk hunt in Wyoming
OTC Wyoming backcountry rifle elk hunt

I think we have done a pretty good job of representing the average hunter and highlighting stories that regular, everyday elk hunters can relate to. I guess it will be the readers (who are also submitting the stories) who will be the ultimate judge of that, but so far the reception has been overwhelming.

Many thanks,
Corey Jacobsen
Elk101.com - "Extreme Elk" Magazine

http://www.extremeelk.com

How many magazines will there be each year? I looked on the site and could not find that when i went to subcribe.

reedjj,
There will be 4 issues per year. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.

Thanks!

I'm going on my first archery elk hunt in 2013. DIY/OTC in Colorado so I'm trying to gather as much information as possible. I ordered the first issue this past weekend so I can see if it is something I want to subscribe too. I can't wait to get it.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back