Extra Stupid Window Stickers

I probably shouldn’t be an authority on speeding either, I was 14 had a school permit for a whopping 2 days, wasn’t even driving to school and got a 72 in a 50 ticket.

I think the cops have gotten to the point they’ve given up on me. I did get a 90 in a 65 in a semi about a year ago, but I was passing some slow person and wanted to do it quickly and the trooper just happened to be there. He was nice, didn’t even lecture me. I’m guessing when he pulled up all my previous tickets he figured I was a lost cause.

Yeah, this is stupid. You are allowed to increase speed to pass someone to allow you to clear them before moving back into the right lane, then you can resume whatever speed you held before. This allows for an open lane for others, even those that you don't agree with about what THEIR speed is. Kicking it up 2 or 3 MPH for a minute isn't going to result in a ticket but it will get you past the other car so you can move over.
Actually, no. It is illegal to exceed the speed limit whether passing or not.

Actually, no. It is illegal to exceed the speed limit whether passing or not.
Passing Speed Limit Exception: If you are driving a passenger vehicle, motorcycle or pickup, not towing another vehicle, you may exceed the posted speed limit by up to 15 miles per hour while passing another vehicle that is traveling below the posted speed limit on a two-lane roadway. The posted speed limit must be 55 miles per hour or greater. This does not apply in work zones. You must return to the righthand lane and reduce speed to the posted speed limit as soon as practicable.

This is straight out of the Idaho's drivers handbook, page 76.

What a joke. If the other lane is going 65, you expect him to slow down to get out of your way? You're a bit self-centered, me thinks.
The left lane is for passing. Pass or get in the right lane. It’s literally called the passing lane.

And yes, if it’s gonna take you 5 miles to pass, be courteous and let the faster car by. When I’m in a semi and a car takes more than a minute to pass it takes about everything for me not to put them in the median. If you’re gonna pass, pass, if you wanna run next to someone forever, back your cruise off.
This conversation reminds me of the poetry of American philosopher Christopher "Ludacris" Bridges.

"I'm going a hundred down the highway,
if you do the speed limit get the f*ck outta my way.
I'm DUI; hardly ever caught sober,
and you's about to get ran the f*ck over!"

This conversation reminds me of the poetry of American philosopher Christopher "Ludacris" Bridges.

"I'm going a hundred down the highway,
if you do the speed limit get the f*ck outta my way.
I'm DUI; hardly ever caught sober,
and you's about to get ran the f*ck over!"
"Move, &!-#, get out the way get out the way &!+-#, get out the way!"

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back