Yeti GOBOX Collection

Extra Stupid Window Stickers

Good luck to you!
End up putting any meat in your pack last fall?
It was a good season for the family! Besides my first bear on Memorial Day, I had great fun in archery season, with many close encounters with all species.. Opening day of rifle season i had a decent 5 point bull in my sights but I wasn’t sure if he had crossed the invisible threshold onto public. After he passed I reviewed the map and realized I should have shot, but made the safe and ethical decision. I’m still beating myself up… within 2 hours another herd of all cows came past the same route so I took the lead cow, happy to fill my elk tag.. (I’ve already gotten so much $h!t about taking a cow opening day). I got a decent 4x4 buck on Nov 7th, on a fluke when I was by myself just dinking around.. nothing like the year prior, but thankful nonetheless. My wife got her buck the next weekend, and we spent the rest of the season trying to get her an elk, since she saw how much the kids and I loved it and how fast we ate it.. she plans on getting one this year! Turkeys have 9 lives, I still haven’t bagged one. Lol how about you? Were you able to find any success?

It was a good season for the family! Besides my first bear on Memorial Day, I had great fun in archery season, with many close encounters with all species.. Opening day of rifle season i had a decent 5 point bull in my sights but I wasn’t sure if he had crossed the invisible threshold onto public. After he passed I reviewed the map and realized I should have shot, but made the safe and ethical decision. I’m still beating myself up… within 2 hours another herd of all cows came past the same route so I took the lead cow, happy to fill my elk tag.. (I’ve already gotten so much $h!t about taking a cow opening day). I got a decent 4x4 buck on Nov 7th, on a fluke when I was by myself just dinking around.. nothing like the year prior, but thankful nonetheless. My wife got her buck the next weekend, and we spent the rest of the season trying to get her an elk, since she saw how much the kids and I loved it and how fast we ate it.. she plans on getting one this year! Turkeys have 9 lives, I still haven’t bagged one. Lol how about you? Were you able to find any success?
Hell yeah food!
Congrats!
All I got last year was 3 squirrels and bunch of laps through Woodward.
Pretty fired up to get back out and do some hunting this fall though!

Hell yeah food!
Congrats!
All I got last year was 3 squirrels and bunch of laps through Woodward.
Pretty fired up to get back out and do some hunting this fall though!
That’s the spirit! Best of luck. I would like to try cooking more small game this year, I cooked up a rabbit in Northern California once and it was awful. lol never tried squirrel or anything. You eat em??

That’s the spirit! Best of luck. I would like to try cooking more small game this year, I cooked up a rabbit in Northern California once and it was awful. lol never tried squirrel or anything. You eat em??
As someone who has eaten many squirrels (see name for reference ⬆️) the key is to braise them low and slow

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back