Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Excalibur meat grinders

MThuntr

A friend is looking to buy a meat grinder and asked about Excalibur brand. They look nearly identical to LEM. There isn't anything available for reviews but was curious if anyone has used them?

I know Excalibur dehydrators are highly recommended and thought maybe these would be also

Last edited:
Well the deal was too good for him...he bought it their 1hp (#22) for $250 and they sent him a 15% coupon that covers shipping costs so I guess we'll find out how it works.

Damn cheap for a 1hp grinder, hope it works well for him. A LEM of the same size is prob closer to $650-$700

Hard to imagine it’ll be satisfactory at that price but what do I know. Hope it works out.
I’m waiting for LEMs next 20% off sale.

I guess they're clearanced from $499 to $250 (sale ends Oct 15 apparently). I guess we'll find out. I'm making him grind some big chunks of moose because my 1/2hp is painfully slow.
Link to the sale? I want a grinder better than what I have. At that price, I'll take a chance. mtmuley

Link to the sale? I want a grinder better than what I have. At that price, I'll take a chance. mtmuley

Buddy said he put the grinder in his cart and started the check out process to see what shipping was. He opted to go on with his day and search for a coupon when he had more time. A couple hours later they emailed at 15% coupon.

Last season my grinder that was 10 years old ground it's last animal. I purchased a LEM 1/2 hp on their 20% off sale. With shipping it was right at $400. I was going to make some summer sausage and un boxed it for the first time after having it for a month. Turned the power on and the motor would not turn and tripped its breaker. Called them and they said send it back and we will ship you another. In less than a week I had a new one delivered today. Plugged it in and it runs. Great customer service and a 5 year warranty. I should have checked the first one when it was delivered instead of waiting until I wanted to use it....UPS handling can destroy a anvil!

Back