EVERYONE look, 3 thumbs up

Moosie

Grand poopa
Has anyone downloaded google Earth ? Fetching do it. It's AWESOME. BAR none !!!

I think this is Better then Slice Bread :

http://desktop.google.com/download/earth/index.html

go to the Grand canyon and Rotate Screen.

Go to your hunting spot and Rotate the Screen, 3d baby !!!

Get driving directions to ANYWERE .

Someone look at it and Be happy like me :D

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cool, I saw the Green umbrella on my back deck of my house! When I brought up my Deer Lease it covered half of it, but not the half that I had not mapped out very acurately, of course. Good Find. John

I unistalled it , Was not what I need to view my home land in Canada. I got a system I use that shows me all that already.So here is my question , anyone know of a mapping system like this but for Canada ?

Yeah, Moosie, good stuff. Here's a pic of the HTHF hunting area I got off Terraserver a couple of years back:

land_photo.sized.jpg

and here's roughly the same area off your Google software:

newpic.JPG

The color reveals so much more! :D Seriously, it's not too shabby. I would mention that the purple line is supposed to mark the railroad, which is the black line running through the middle of the pic...you can see that it's a good 1/2 mile or better off. If that's their accuracy I'm not sure I'd want to trust my honeyhole scouting to it. :eek:

You guys are realy missing out. Take the time to go to nasa and download WORLDWIND. You want to seem something amazing check out the digital orthos of Washington DC, OH yeah 3D Rotates Up Down 360 etc,

Any more Ideas ?

Draft is maptech a free download site like these one or do you pay for it. I'm cheep like anyone else, beside I don't/won't pay for some thing til I know what i'm getting. We cross the border at Bangor Maine into canada. That is where I like to view the hunting places .

Damn you Oscar.. I've been up playing with the thing since about 4:30 this morning. I loaded it yesterday and played with it until 11:00 last night.. It's great..

:cool:

LOL DanR, I like the Options, Of course I'm not going to hold it to it's 100% accuracy but gonig to a new Area I've never neen before It's Awesome !!!

You can Print out a Direction map too and Rotate it and See whats coming up.

Trent, Maptech is a commercial product, but the price has really gone down since I first purchased it. It now only averages around $100 per state. Thats really cheap. John

WORLDWIND IS not a PAY SIte. WorldWind is put out by NASA as a Freeware. THere is no cost associated with it. I don't even think you have to pay for bittorrent if you use that site. Trust me, you really ought to take the time to download it. I t isn't small but you will be absolutly amazed at what it can do. You probably can find Moosies House and see him Mooning you!.

Damn , there seems to be images from 2 different sources depending on the location. My area are the blurry ones compared to the other ones. I looked at some areas where you can see the roof lines of a house and almost make out the cars types.
My house is hardly visible... that sucks

schmalts, Same thing here, I can zoom in on my house and see my wife's van and my truck, ect. Go to my deer lease and 1/2 of it is the high quality photo and the other is the green mossy photo! I still like it. John

How do you focus on certain areas you are trying to view ? I zoom to my daughter house and it is a green blur. Or is my luck that bad *LOL*.

You can't ZOOM all the way in Trent, But you can get a General Looky-loo at places.

Mybe she lives in Green blur ;)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back