Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Ever been asked by an outfitter to show your hunter safety training course certificate?

A207X2

I keep a digital copy of mine on my phone, but I've only been asked once and that was a long time ago. Got me thinking, anybody ever get asked to show it?

Hopefully never asked for it as I have no clue where it would be. Hunter Ed was when I was about 15, bowhunting maybe 20 years ago

Not a chance I could produce them

Hopefully never asked for it as I have no clue where it would be. Hunter Ed was when I was about 15, bowhunting maybe 20 years ago

Whatever state you got your certificate in will have your number on file. You can get a duplicate for little money. In Iowa you can get a duplicate anywhere licenses are sold.

Would this be an outfitter that you hired or out in the woods you come across an outfitter that you have not hired and he asks for it?

Never been asked by anyone other than a computer while setting up account for application states. My card doesn't have a number on it, NV didnt believe me so i texted a pic of card to the lady at their help desk. She said she would find out for me, 20 minutes later she obtained it from VA where i completed it in the 80s...lol

When I helped with an outfitter, we required the guests to show us their hunting license but never the hunter safety proof as that would be required to buy the hunting license.

I had to retake hunter safety. There were no records of what I took as a kid because the records did not go back that far.
When I first became an instructor anyone born after 1967 was required to have hunters safety to hunt in Iowa. The state lost a bunch of records and now it is required after 1972.

Don't hang out with outfitters much, but did produce my 40 yo Hunters Safety card to Colorado Game Warden who requested it last fall.

Not for an outfitter but I’ve hunted some mining property that’s required hunter ed proof and sign a hold harmless waiver. I’m all for it but just because you have it doesn’t mean you’re a safe or ethical hunter. Edited to add that military installations like Fort Knox require it as well.

In a lot of states you are required to carry your hunter safety card along with your license if you're gun hunting. I assume the outfitter just wants to know you have all necessary paperwork should you encounter a warden. Colorado just started printing your hunter safety ID# on your license so you don't have to carry it separately, which is quite nice.

Never been asked, but haven't hunted with an outfitter other than in Africa, then the papers for the rifle are the most important. As far as hunter safety, pick a card... I think I have 5 form various states. Bowhunter, muzzleloader, and rifle.

If your mostly just hunting your home state it's not that big of a deal, if you're even kind of toying with the idea of hunting out of state I think it behooves folks to do one of the 100% online classes that some states offer... or offer to take a son/daughter, niece/nephew, grandkid etc to do their in person class and sign up for yourself as well.

It's a couple hours of your time while your watching a football game and $30 and then you never have to worry about some SNAFU when your on a hunt. Last thing you want is to be at some license agent in the middle of nowhere trying to track down your Hunter's ED. Birth year waiver's vary wildly between states so don't think because you're 65 years or older that it won't be an issue.

^ That exact scenario has happened to 2 of my buddies (one was 67)

Hunter's ED

Bow hunter online

North Carolina has sent me free replacement hunters and boaters safety cards. More than once...

I've only had to show it to get a license where required. I lost my original and the cave with my Hunters Ed petroglyph collapsed, so I took it again with my sons and now have a fancy piece of plastic with raised numbers.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back