Yeti GOBOX Collection

Eureka !.....struck Gould in AZ

Excellent news! I hope to draw in 10-15 years or so. Which hunt (if you don't mind sharing)?

Congrats! how many points did it cost you?
Also, what unit? I have had some sightings while out in the field and would be willing to share some pins via DM if you drew in 33,31,or 35a.

Congratulations! Plenty of turkeys in 35A. No luck for me this year with only 22 points.

P-P-P-P-P-P-Points ............For.............Turkeys?

That my friends is a failure of the NAMC.

Please forgive my sarcasm.... no disrespect .

While everywhere else Turkeys have become nuisances the Gould's has people waiting 20+ years. I'm shaking my head.
No worries. Sarcasm is tough to discern. We need a font :)

But it’s interesting to note that the arguable core of our turkey population, and certainly the heart of turkey hunting culture, in the Southeast US is on the downswing with nesting success rates less than half of just decades ago, Seasons and limits being curtailed, etc. On the flip side, suburban turkeys are out of control (My mom in WI has a turkey broom in the garage to whack them off her car in the morning), Gould’s are a ‘from the brink’ story and Rio’s and their hybrids are seemingly in every river bottom west of the Mississsippi in a wet year. What a puzzle.

Mostly I’m just hyper jealous of, and excited for, @glass eye. At least you get two points a year when you don’t forget and Gould’s Country is something else.

I drew 35A with 27 points. Don't know yet if it's 4/30-5/6 or 5/7-5/27
Congrats on your Gould’s tag in 35A. Below I will post the survey results for your area bird numbers are way down in that unit with no explanation make sure you try and scout and do your homework before getting there. Good Luck on your hunt.

Huachucas
Survey results
184 total - 25.5 routes (lower than last year’s record of 335)
99 Hens, 35 Jakes, 41 Toms, 9 Unclassified
Some private property flocks may not have been counted this year (non-huntable anyway)
Hunt Success (30 tags)
First hunt: 7 of 15 reported, 100% success
Second hunt: 8 of 15 reported, 60% success
Habitat Work
(From John Kraft) The Coronado NF received funding from the DoD to expand the fuels treatment footprint in Scotia and the Border units, and effectively connect the two areas together. This is landscape level work, will work into protection for the mtn range as a whole. LOTS of partners!
3,000 acres complete in SW corner of mtns, part of Border Project.

Congrats on the tag, thats the hardest part. Hunt is a breeze I had 35 A 4 years ago. Lottsa Birds and they come to You...........................BOB!

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back