Ethics question

(2) A person commits intentional interference with lawful hunting, trapping, and fishing activities if he:
(a) Acts with intent to alarm, distract, or frighten prey and causes prey to flee by:
(I) Use of any natural or artificial source of noise or light;
(II) Giving chase to prey on foot or by use of any vehicle;
Next time a dude tries to ace you out and ends up bumping the elk, you can call the 5-0 and have him charged ;)

Bring a camera! Shoot em with that.

Having said that, I wouldnā€™t worry too much about real-world practice. Iā€™ve blown some absolutely terrible sounding calls, and bulls come in. IMO itā€™s much more about the wind, the timing, and the area. The sound of the actual bugle matters much less.

Having said that, Iā€™ve also heard real bull elk bugles that sound nothing like any other bull, and not at all like human made calls.

Time it right, play the wind, and shoot a bull next year.

Technically, yes. But practically it reall boils down to whether or not the specific type of federal land has its own federal ā€œpoliceā€ force. Citations issued are managed by the Central Violations Bureau. Hereā€™s a snippet from their website:
So speeding in national park ā€œfederal landā€ is different than speeding on a highway through BLM or USFS ā€œfederal land?ā€ Seems odd, but thereā€™s plenty I donā€™t know about the world.
Technically, yes. But practically it reall boils down to whether or not the specific type of federal land has its own federal ā€œpoliceā€ force. Citations issued are managed by the Central Violations Bureau. Hereā€™s a snippet from their website:

CVB ā€“ Tickets on Federal Land
The Central Violations Bureau (CVB) is a national center responsible for processing violation notices (tickets) issued and payments received for petty offenses committed on federal property.

Federal citations (tickets) are issued by law enforcement personnel from agencies such as: National Park Service, U. S. Fish & Wildlife, Nellis Air Force Base, U. S. Forest Service, Hoover Dam Police/Bureau of Reclamation, and Bureau of Land Management.

Pay your ticket online at
www.cvb.uscourts.gov

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back