Episode Four - Montana archery elk

After reading Randy's "play by play" postings on this montana hunt. I want to see this one as much as I did the Alaska Bear hunt with his buddy who took a swim.... It's on right now boys/gals Sportsmans channel.... even though it says on Dish, Missouri Elk hunt - (It in fact is Montana) wife, dog and I are gathered around the tube.

Why the hell join a hunting show FB page, if hunting disturbs you?[/QUOTE]

Kinda like friending Chris brakett its a blast to make fun of that dbag about everything. And he's not smart enough to know how to unfriend you lol..BOOYAHHH!!

Man I hope the DVR caught this one.
Sportsmans really screwed the pooch with messing up the episode titles.

Just finished watching it! Great Episode! I can tell what you mean when you say it should have been an hour long.. I feel like a lot of great footage didn't make the cut. Especially after reading the live hunt.

I watched the show at 7 p.m.--very good! I can't believe the way you can pull off last-minute success! I stand in awe!

I'm impressed man, right down to the last minute.............literally. I do however think you have lost a few of your marbles on the decision to sleep it out........I'm glad you didn't mention that idea when we were wolf hunting:):)

awesome show, great shot on a very nice bull well deserved and earned, the overnight looked brutal glad to see you guys make the best of it, love the crew cab and meat bag blankets.

great show,,,
i dont think your crazy sleeping out,,,
i had my wife with me one night decided to sleep out with one tarp one mre,, middle of the night some cow elk crashed by scaring my wife,,,i thought it was great,,

i would love to do a similar hunt some day..

Plugged the coordinates from the graphic at the 25-min mark of the episode into Google Earth and I see that you guys were hunting just north of Dalhart, TX. Who knew that country held so many elk? :D

"To early in the hunt"

Other than being a grammar Nazi, I loved the episode. It looks like a real blast hunting in there.
Great episode Randy, keep it up.

I watched it again and it's still great. I am curious if the fence behind where the bull went down is private boundary?

Nope. It is a fence that divides two grazing allotments. It was convenient for that fence to be in the background, as it looks like a boundary fence to most.

The true property boundary was behind me about 150 yards. That is why we did not go after any of the elk that were behind our setup and only focused on elk that came out in front of us. There were two bulls right behind us in the small pines that made the one I shot look like a punk. But, they were +/- 50 yards of the property boundary. Not a chance I was going to take.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back