PEAX Equipment

Episode 20: onXmaps brain trust

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This was one of those really fun podcasts. Two very humble guys who are running a very successful technology company in the hunting world, onXmaps. Lots of fun stuff discussed in this podcast, from how the business idea came to mind, to how the company keeps their eye on the future, and the commitment they have to keeping the product relevant to the needs of public land hunters. I appreciate Eric and Rob taking time from their schedule to talk about the company, the product, and some really cool stuff soon coming down the pike.

Links here:

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ep-001-randy-newberg-talks/id1012713381?i=345687547&mt=2

Stitcher - http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mea...rg-unfiltered-hunting-conservation?refid=stpr

YouTube - https://youtu.be/2XZZUxLKQtc

htradio-panel YouTube.jpg

Really liked this episode. These two definitely left a few teasers.

I wonder What sort of data related to fishing they be putting out in the future. It's only a matter of time till bathy naps of hard to get to mountain lakes are produced by someone.

The digital foldable map thing - I don't understand that at all. I have 36 x 44 inch maps in PDF form on my iPhone. I can zoom in and out and view the extent I desire, limited only by the screen of the phone and the resolution of the map. Additionally, you can already mosaic smaller maps at larger scales (1:24000) effectively having a seamless map as large as you want. Maybe phones will equipped with projection capabilitied in the future - maybe they were hinting at that.

Seems like a great company doing awesome things. GIS things makes it even cooler. I also saw Eric on a good episode of Team Elk, chasing bulls in New Mexico.thanks for the podcast.

Good episode indeed.

About Fin auctioning off your GPS... How about you auction off waypoints as separate entitities... List them only by what state they are in (maybe unit if you want to be generous but that seems like too much info), that way you give a little bit of info to multiple people, and still allow them the chance to go find other public places in other states or units on their own. That IS half the fun afterall.

Good one Randy.
2 peas in a pod as I didn't use a GPS for years and now don't know how I would cope here in NM without my onxmaps in my Garmin.
Just wished Catron county would cough up the info they collected on landownership. Tough being in the only county in the state without each landholding listed.
But the public/private boundaries at least show up.
I'm looking into a new chip for my cell I don't use for the new map system they have.Back up......

It was a great episode, however I have one small complaint. Often I have a hard time hearing either you or your guests. You'll be coming across fine, then I can't hear you, then you're coming across fine again. I'm not sure if you (or your guests) aren't speaking into the mic, if you're not using your big-boy voices, or if it's an equipment problem. I know, it's tacky to complain about something free, but you have such great info I hate to miss out on anything! I'm sure the podcasts are a lot of work, so you should make sure all that you say is getting across to your listeners. Thanks for a great podcast, keep up the good work. I look forward to the next episode!

It was a great episode, however I have one small complaint. Often I have a hard time hearing either you or your guests. You'll be coming across fine, then I can't hear you, then you're coming across fine again. I'm not sure if you (or your guests) aren't speaking into the mic, if you're not using your big-boy voices, or if it's an equipment problem. I know, it's tacky to complain about something free, but you have such great info I hate to miss out on anything! I'm sure the podcasts are a lot of work, so you should make sure all that you say is getting across to your listeners. Thanks for a great podcast, keep up the good work. I look forward to the next episode!

Actually it is great for us to hear about technical problems. We've migrated to producing the podcasts in-house and from a technical perspective we are still figuring some things out. Thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back