Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Episode #2 is on deck!

That's rough, pretty good gauge of your tracking skills however. How far did he end up going?

That's rough, pretty good gauge of your tracking skills however. How far did he end up going?

The GPS said .9 miles. .9 miles of gut-wrenching guilt and disgust over making a bad shot. But, we recovered him, and since he died maybe a few hours before we found him, all the meat was still good.

Randy, Went over to a friends house and watched the show. He was very impressed and he is a "show junkie". He gave me some great feedback. I think your gaining a following each week. I thought it was great as well. BTW thanks for making my phone ring more than normal on Thurs. Had old ladies running out showing me the "wall paper image" you posted in the Chronicle.:D

I honestly thought you missed. I yelled "Oh No you missed" then I realized that the arrow must have enter low in the chest. I felt the highs and lows. I've been there every year. Just the same, although my area's aren't as good as that one. If you blow one shot that's it for the year. Way to gut the track job out.

The GPS said .9 miles. .9 miles of gut-wrenching guilt and disgust over making a bad shot. But, we recovered him, and since he died maybe a few hours before we found him, all the meat was still good.

Way to stick with it, having people there to help track/keep you motivated is always a godsend too. Good to hear about the meat, that was going to be my next question.

I really appreciated how much of the show was spent showing the recovery, and thought you did an awesome job showing the emotions that you go through in that situation. A lot of shows would've shown you release your arrow, then cut to the hero shot. I've luckily only had to go through the tracking ordeal twice, once ending good, and once not. I still get that sunken feeling in my gut now thinking about the bull I never could figure out or catch up to. Probably doesn't help the matter that it should've been my first/only browtined bull and was a mature 6x6 to boot.

Anyhow congrats on a great hunt and awesome show, can't wait until next week.

Missed the show, let me know if they give you a weekday extra slot again

Great show! It was like being back in NM. The fact that the show tells the whole story of a hunt is great, rather than just the hero shots, etc. The bull I took in Unit 15 several years ago was off a water hole on a small piece of public land surrounded by state lands.

Last edited:
I caught the 2nd show, missed the first. If they are all at this level, I will be setting some time aside to watch. Excellent job, particularly with communicating the ethics, emotion and "real-ness" of the hunt. I will be highly recommending this show to others, and you are about to see a great success in your life come to be a reality.
Great job, and thanks for doing it for all of us that do it the right way, for the right reasons!

Matt Ulberg aka shortside

Great Show

I have watched all 3 episodes and this is one of the best hunting shows. I can't stand other shows with so much time spent showing the host(s) talking and so little time showing the area, the hunting, and the animals.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks,
Dave

This episode starts in one minute. Our last airing of the season on Outdoor Channel, unless they give us some bonus airings this spring.

It has been a great ride so far.

It was worth watching again,the wife even keeped her eyes open long enough to ask me a few questions about what was going on.Great year Randy!!I hope your blessed with many more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back