Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Episode 107: Blood tracking dogs

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

This is a great episode, and I want to thank Big Fin for putting this out there. This is a pet peeve of mine, in that we make it more difficult for hunters to find wounded quarry. I would like nothing more than to see blood tracking dogs legalized in all 50 states, and is a personal agenda of mine for my home state. In the meantime, thumbs up to those states that have recently legalized the legitimate use of blood tracking dogs for game animal recovery.

I agree, my dogs have found a number of lost animals over three decades. Can’t see why they are not allowed on a lot of states.

Half way through the episode. Listening during my commute. I've been reading on this and also interested in a Versatile Working Dog which might be able to do this.

Unfortunately, it looks like AZ is one of the holdout states. The website unitedbloodtrackers.org has AZ as a no but it says as of 2005 and the link is a dead link. I just searched current regs for "dogs" and there is no mention of leashed tracking authorizing or prohibiting. Most mention "pursuit by dogs."

Need to write my legislator. Found a skull and most of the skeleton of a nice mule deer last year while javelina hunting. Possibly a victim of an arrow in OTC archery but not found.

top choice right now is Pudelpointer. Hoping to get to a NAVHDA training day soon and watch dogs.

top choice right now is Pudelpointer. Hoping to get to a NAVHDA training day soon and watch dogs.

Good option.

There are some really good Drahthaar breeders in the south as well. My dog’s sire is from a kennel in Texas. I absolutely love this breed.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back