MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Enjoying a Quiet Friday

np307

Last month my name was called at commencement, but I still technically had 1 class to finish to complete my master's degree. Well, this evening I submitted my last paper for the class so everything is done. Last year my wife and I decided that it was the right time for me to commit fully to finishing this degree, so I've been out of work since then. Not a great job market to go back into, but all is well. I had until tomorrow evening to submit the paper, so we didn't have anything planned in case it took me that long to finish writing. My wife is a nurse at a long-term care facility and they just had an outbreak of the virus there. So that means she's got to cover 7p-7a tonight and tomorrow, meaning I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to do with all this lovely free time. As you can tell, I decided to post on here to brag a little and see what all everyone else is up to this evening.

I am working on putting the kids to bed; 1 is easier then the other. After that I am going to start a fire outside and drink a few beers, watch the stars and listen to the critters. I also like cheap hotdogs roasted on the fire until they are charred!

I just came in from shooting bows with my 13 yr old son. He was shooting his compound, I was shooting a 40 something pound self bow I hadn’t shot in 20+ years. It was a blast, but still gonna hunt with my compound.

Was planning to head to my WY cabin for the weekend, but looks like the weather is gonna be crap, so I bailed on that. Instead will be working on refinishing this really unique bench I just picked up for next to nothing. Made from a real wagon wheel with what looks to be the original steel banding. You can’t tell from the pic, but the hub actually makes a nice arm rest betweeen the seats. The seat is carved from a solid 4” x 18” slab, and everything else is obviously hand carved. Never seen anything like this before. Needs some work, but will be a nice addition up at the cabin which already has some wagon wheel wheel decor.
1591413930433.jpeg
7856B9C2-5884-4555-BE7C-A922B96D0822.jpeg

Congrats on wrapping up the degree! Day 3 of 4 for kiddo duty for me. Listening to Elk Talk here and there when I can get all three munchkins to sleep at the same time (minor miracle).

np307 welcome to the rest of your life. Congratulations on selecting a wife with a flexible profession that likely can get a good job wherever you choose to live your life. It's your turn to decide what is really important to you and what you have to do to get there.

After a third of my life in college, I took a substantial cut in pay and followed a path to where I ended up. More money would have made it easier but not necessarily better. Hopefully your path will get you to a similar place. Best wishes and lots of luck!

Tonight there were eight branch-antlered bulls in my front field. I think I chose correctly for me.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back