Encouraging statements from Zinke

TRS_Montana

Zinke made some encouraging statements in an email today. Among them:

"...I'm an unapologetic admirer and disciple of Teddy Roosevelt. I believe in the traditional mixed use "conservation ethics" doctrine laid out by Pinchot, but realize that there are special places where man is more an observer than a participant, as outlined by Muir.
I cherish our public lands. I have absolutely and unequivocally opposed any attempts to transfer, sell, or privatize our public lands, and serving as their top steward is not a job I take lightly."

Day One: Secretary Zinke expands access to public lands ?
I had to fix their links, they were backwards and didn't connect.

The two secretarial orders include:

Secretarial Order 3347 advances conservation stewardship, improves game and habitat management, and increases outdoor recreation opportunities by directing bureaus and agencies to immediately identify areas where recreation and fishing can be expanded. The order also requests input from the Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council and Sport Fishing and Boating Partnership Council to provide recommendations on enhancing and expanding access on public lands and improving habitat for fish and wildlife.

Secretarial Order 3346 overturns the recent ban lead ammunition and fish tackle used on Fish and Wildlife Service lands, waters, and facilities. The order highlights the need for additional review and consultation with local stakeholders.

I am wondering if the access is going to be increased motorized access in roadless areas that could jeopardized habitat security?

Haha, yeah, the horse bit seems a bit pompous...but hell, if I judge people for how they get from one place to another, I'd have to go out and buy a new car.
Hopefully he moves things in the right direction.

How could this be..... he's a Republican????? I'm surprised the entire western US isn't a huge coal mine as of today :) I'm sure Jose will find something to still complain about.

As far as the horse. It was "requested" of him by the Dept. of the Interior and he accepted in invitation.

good luck to all
the dog

How could this be..... he's a Republican????? I'm surprised the entire western US isn't a huge coal mine as of today :) I'm sure Jose will find something to still complain about.

As far as the horse. It was "requested" of him by the Dept. of the Interior and he accepted in invitation.

good luck to all
the dog

Jose's ideological perseverance is 'focused'.

Back