Enclosed Trailer Conversion

Cool...that'll do the job. Gets you out of the weather and protects your gear, too.

Looks real nice, do you know how much it weighs?

Sweet rig! How does it pull up on the mountain roads? I’m thinking about bring a 14 foot enclosed this year but I’m concerned with ground clearance and turning it around on mountain roads.

Sweet rig! How does it pull up on the mountain roads? I’m thinking about bring a 14 foot enclosed this year but I’m concerned with ground clearance and turning it around on mountain roads.

I have a 7'x14' that I converted into a redneck camper, I pull it up into the mountains every year multiple times and I have no issues with ground clearance, and only one time turning around at night, but that was my fault cause it was dark and I was by myself and couldn't see and backed my trailer half way into a ditch. My advice is to go for it, buy a good trailer and make sure to insulate it good.

Very nice! I have a cargo trailer ( not as nice on the inside as yours) but I was able to put two permanent beds in it. One is a double that I used a platform bed frame and used hinges to secure against the wall. It folds flat against wall and then just comes down once quads are out. The other is a bunk bed on rails that lowers up and down across the back of the trailer. Up when not in use and I can drive my quad under.
I would do pics but my trilaer is currently used for storage as we do some house remodeling. I could get some pics if you would like to see. They both are pretty slick

Looking to do the same to my enclosed trailer. Did you guys spray insulate it?

I didn't use spray foam, but I have 2" of foil faced foam board in the ceiling and 1.5" in the walls and used spray foam for all gaps and between the edges of each foam board. I have a buddy who used the spray foam it works awesome...but it's almost too airtight.

Pulls fine ground clearance is ok for the better traveled roads, rutted 2 tracks would be a problem dragging.

I would've gone with a 12' for easier manuevering, but i needed the extra length for a utv. In a pinch you can turn it in the middle of the road with a handyman jack and sweat. You'll only do that once and then researching your route and conditions will become a much higher priority, speaking from experience (case in point below).

stuckcity.jpg

what do you plan to use if anything for a heat source?

I use 2 options, a generator/electric heater or a MR Buddy/propane. I had it in single digit temperatures and had no issues, (the Big Buddy 18k btu will roast the place).

Awesome trailer! We built a very similar set up years ago and love it. [video=youtube_share;IT_9f2OC4Wk]https://youtu.be/IT_9f2OC4Wk[/video]

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back